The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Forum Pro
Law
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:56 pm
Law wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:53 pm
Which?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24085&p=1232010#p1232010
He and I spoke in private about this. My recent post was referring to his comment on mine about the NYPD v rioters. I have a great respect for Vader, Bacon, You and every other senior member on this forum. We're allowed to argue different opinions though.
Last edited by Law on May 31st, 2020, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vent if you need to, but put some more thought into it before you label friends as cop haters.

Forum Pro
Law
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:58 pm
Vent if you need to, but put some more thought into it before you label friends as cop haters.
To be fair, I started a new paragraph to distance Vader from the "cop hater" point I was making.

"Continue to hate cops" is right there in the first paragraph dude.

I get these times are challenging for a near incalculable amount of reasons. If anyone needs to talk or vent or whatever, PM and ask for my number.

It's very overwhelming rn, and I think we can let emotions get the best of us. We can do better than blanket accusations.

Law you've since clarified your comments, but Teddy is right you essentially called everyone here, myself included, cop haters.

Here was my response to your initial post, which I still think is relevant:

Law, if you believe I'm a cop hater because I said police should only be police if they can make responsible decisions under duress, then that probably reveals more about your headspace than anyone else's.

I'm sure you're all mixed up right now, but don't fall victim to "us vs them" proselytizing.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Vader, I don't think you're a cop hater. I responded to you and Bacon because before I saw m4's post, it looked like you were the only ones that quoted my response. My "cop hater" response was to the last 3 days of posts in this thread, from everyone blatantly speaking against the police. Be it true or not, it's my opinion on everything I've read from users on here. I do think, people need to see both sides of what's happening.

With that being said, I don't look at anyone differently because of their opinions or views. I hardly ever engage in argument, but with this situation I feel like I need to defend myself, even if I'm not being personally attacked. I've been here for 10yrs, and despite me being logged out every day without my consent, I plan to stay 10yrs longer if I don't forget my password.

Law wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:20 pm
Vader, I don't think you're a cop hater. I responded to you and Bacon because before I saw m4's post, it looked like you were the only ones that quoted my response. My "cop hater" response was to the last 3 days of posts in this thread, from everyone blatantly speaking against the police. Be it true or not, it's my opinion on everything I've read from users on here. I do think, people need to see both sides of what's happening.

With that being said, I don't look at anyone differently because of their opinions or views. I hardly ever engage in argument, but with this situation I feel like I need to defend myself, even if I'm not being personally attacked. I've been here for 10yrs, and despite me being logged out every day without my consent, I plan to stay 10yrs longer if I don't forget my password.
Now that feels like a personal attack

:lol:

Law wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:20 pm

Appreciate you saying this.

-Vader

Jeffrey Wright I believe really hits the nail on the head here.

Law, I can totally understand how you feel right now, or at least I can try, but I don't think anyone here's ready to propose that every single cop on this earth is dirty without sounding mighty silly, because of course it ain't. Few bad apples shouldn't be put in front of so many actually good people out there on the streets, doing their job, and doing it right (Twitter is not 100% biased believe it or not, we've all seen the good and the bad examples shared trust me).

I simply believe that those bad apples in pd, they need to be called out asap, because those guys ain't cops no more, they're just, plain and simple, racists with a badge. Guys throwing white power signs at the camera, guys using the riot gear to harm first and ask questions later, kids even. If everyone just stopped and started listening, like great many examples you yourself have shown here, this story wouldn't be about 'all the cops are dirty right now', it would be about the fucker sitting in white house who started the flames in the first place, the real dirty enemy here.

I saw a video, again on Twitter, of some guys trying to rob a Target store and the protestors of all age and occupation formed a chain to stop them. There will be examples like that on both sides, it is vital to get to the core of this conflict: Are you a racist? No, fine, welcome to the human norm, now help these people, be a part of this chain, not the one hitting a gas because Trump said not to be gentle.

Anyway respect to you Law.