The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I thought the one post was getting a bit...overloaded. But okay. :thumbup:

magnar gets a pass

Trump’s thinking about convicted crime buddies as the ‘real’ victims today.

the sooner the world is rod ff Trump and his administration the better

yes this post applies to literally every year we've had him as POTUS

Pratham wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 12:33 pm
No idea what this graph means but I know it's bad.

LelekPL wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 1:12 pm
Pratham wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 12:33 pm
No idea what this graph means but I know it's bad.
trump tried pump pump

stonks go dump dump

NY Times - Coronavirus Live Updates: Trump Tells Governors to Seek Out Respirators on Their Own
President Trump told a group of governors Monday morning that they should not wait for the federal government to fill the growing demand for respirators needed to help people diagnosed with coronavirus.

Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves,” Mr. Trump told the governors during the conference call, a recording of which was shared with The New York Times.

We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.”

The suggestion surprised some of the governors, who have been scrambling to contain the outbreak and are increasingly looking to the federal government for help with equipment, personnel and financial aid.

Mr. Trump used much of the call to repeat the same upbeat rhetoric he has offered in public, assuring the governors: “We’re going to get it remedied and hopefully very quickly.”
Newsweek - Senate may not pass coronavirus paid sick leave anytime soon because GOP opposes sick leave costs

god

fuck this dude so much holy shit

NBC News - Dow plummets 3,000 points as Wall Street takes battering despite Fed intervention

Trump (lies today like everyday): "I've always known this is a real — this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. All you had to do was look at other countries... I have always viewed it as very serious."

New York Times - Opinion | A Complete List of Trump’s Attempts to Play Down Coronavirus

The Washington Post - Trump and his supporters are already rewriting recent coronavirus history

NY Times - White House Takes New Line After Dire Report on Death Toll
Federal guidelines warned against gatherings of more than 10 people as a London report predicted high fatalities in the U.S. without drastic action.
Sweeping new federal recommendations announced on Monday for Americans to sharply limit their activities appeared to draw on a dire scientific report warning that, without action by the government and individuals to slow the spread of coronavirus and suppress new cases, 2.2 million people in the United States could die.
NY Times - Inside the Coronavirus Response: A Case Study in the White House Under Trump
Infighting, turf wars and a president more concerned with the stock market and media coverage than policy have defined the Trump White House. They have also defined how it has handled a pandemic.