The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Ruth wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 8:01 am
I feel like there’s this underlying “don’t be a snitch” mentality amongst cops as the community itself can be pretty tight knit and when you have to often rely on your colleagues for support, you don’t want to be with a cop who wouldn’t have your back. Or you wouldn’t want to be seen as one. This isn’t in defense of cops btw, more like me maybe trying to get behind the rationale of the silent “good” ones who, for a variety of reasons, don’t speak up.

I do think in theory a good cop can exist and they do exist. But I’ve heard so many people say that good cops become ex cops very fast and there has to be a reason for that. The system is unforgiving and rotten down to its core and it will chew you up and spit you out if you don’t go along with the flow. Don’t know how to solve this, this is all very depressing. But maybe prohibiting PDs to conduct internal investigations on their own officers would be a not-so-bad start.
And is it just the cops or is it judiciary and other parts of government too? Asking from a corrupt country lol

This. A thousand times this:

The police shooting what appears to be rubber/pepper bullets at journalists on live tv:
https://twitter.com/ChrisBishopL1C4/sta ... 3182056453

Seems like they want to send a message to the press and get the press out of there so they can be as violent as they want without being recorded. You sure the US is a free country and not just some failed state with a big military?

The reason the riots keep getting violent and escalating is because of people like this who escalate it on purpose. Dude raises his gun in the second video to instigate panic and then a fight breaks out.

Armed white protesters are able to storm govt buildings, but unarmed black protesters get tear gas canisters and rubber bullets shot at them. It's clear as day.

I'm not saying I condone the mass violence and burning small businesses, but:
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JFK

Has anyone been following this:

Apparently many of the people starting the fires and looting are either of out of state and/or white, trying to further incite violence and riots at the expense of the protests.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 5:26 pm
Has anyone been following this:

Apparently many of the people starting the fires and looting are either of out of state and/or white, trying to further incite violence and riots at the expense of the protests.

-Vader
This has been happening for years, dude. Inciting violence to make the situation look worse than it actually is, cops show no restraint and intervene by making it worse, and then riots break out as people defend themselves and go nuts. Makes BLM look worse and have a worse reputation, and continues the narrative of conservatives and MAGA-hat wearers that BLM only cares about violence.

But idk, if my child got tear-gassed by cops at an organized and peaceful protest, I don't know if that protest would continue to be peaceful. Lots of factor at play here. The violence and riots are not solely because of these outside influences. Cops itching for a fight are doing the exact same thing too. There's no shortage of vids online of cops going nuts with people (NYPD, especially).

Add all of this tension to the fact that these people have been locked up for 3+ months because of inadequate leadership and ignorant citizens related to COVID, and you've got crazy people at every turn.

Don't disagree.

-Vader

I don't know how you remain peaceful when stuff like this is happening :blank:

In these cases I always feel awful and hope for change and then I see these stupid f***ing riots, and see something we could use as an example for change being completely destroyed and made into something worse.

F*** the bad cops.
F*** any rioter destroying property of innocent people.

The white man who shot the hunting bow into the crowd of people was released by the cops :? :?