The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Artemis wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 6:52 pm
Bacon wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 6:44 pm
Can we mention the crazy alt-right abortion laws passing in Ohio, Alabama, and Georgia right now? They're unbelievably insane and only happening to bring a case before the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade before 2020 elections.

I hate my state, and I often hate this nation and the clumps of idiots in it.
It makes me so mad and gives me so much anxiety. Abortion shouldn't even be a talking point. It's so fucking ridiculous.
They don't have clauses or exceptions for rape or incest, with many of them having restrictions on birth control prescriptions in general.

Can't wait to see what they do to men who cause unwanted pregnancies! /s

Alabama even passed a law that said if a woman's rape accusation turns out to be false, she can go to jail.

And that is hella problematic because only like 1% of accusations are actually false. So instead of "innocent until proven guilty" it's "innocent until proven innocent" and since rape cases are already so hard to preside over as it is, this is only going to make it harder and many people may not even step up in the first place to file a claim.

The more I read about this, the more hateful and depressed I get.

You can't ban all abortions, you can only ban safe abortions.

roaring twenties 2: economic boogaloo

The New York Times - House Panel Investigates Obstruction Claims Against Trump Lawyers
The House Intelligence Committee is investigating whether lawyers tied to President Trump and his family helped obstruct the panel’s inquiry into Russian election interference by shaping false testimony, a series of previously undisclosed letters from its chairman show.

The line of inquiry stems from claims made by the president’s former personal lawyer and fixer, Michael D. Cohen, who told Congress earlier this year that the lawyers in question helped edit false testimony that he provided to Congress in 2017 about a Trump Tower project in Moscow. Mr. Cohen said they also dangled a potential pardon to try to ensure his loyalty.

In recent weeks, the committee sent lengthy document requests to four lawyers — Jay Sekulow, who represents the president; Alan S. Futerfas, who represents Donald Trump Jr.; Alan Garten, the top lawyer at the Trump Organization; and Abbe D. Lowell, who represents Ivanka Trump. The lawyers all took part in a joint defense agreement by the president’s allies to coordinate responses to inquiries by Congress and the Justice Department.
Associated Press - Barr asks Pelosi at event: ‘Did you bring your handcuffs?’
Attorney General William Barr tried out a little contempt humor on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, with interesting results.

The setting was the National Peace Officers Memorial Day service Wednesday at the U.S. Capitol.

Barr approached Pelosi, shook her hand and said loud enough to be overheard, “Madam Speaker, did you bring your handcuffs?” That’s a reference to Barr’s refusal to comply with congressional subpoenas related to special counsel Robert Mueller’s report.

A smiling Pelosi let Barr know the House Sergeant at Arms was present at the ceremony, should any arrest be necessary, according to a person who witnessed the exchange and described it on the condition of anonymity. Barr chuckled and walked away, this person said.

Where is this Trumpocalypse, guys?

Yeah, the only way I actually am okay with abortion is in rape cases and that’s what makes it tricky. I do wonder how many (what percent) of all abortions are from rape versus ones from just being lazy when it comes to him/her doing what they need to do to prevent pregnancy.

If a pregnant lady is killed isn’t it considered a double homicide? Just tricky all around but everyone can have their opinions.