The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Cut this poor fucking copper some slack. The guy is clearly scared for his life.

Literally all it takes is looking online for a few minutes to see where the aggression is coming from. Peaceful protests were continuously broken up by police last night with brute force and tear gas (which is unlawful to use in wartime btw).

Our nation can't equip its hospitals and nurses, but it jumps at the opportunity to militarize police against its own citizens.

There's video of a car getting tear gassed, the driver stepping out of the vehicle to tell the cops to cease fire because his pregnant wife is in the car and they're leaving the area, only for the cops to open fire on his open door and fill the car with tear gas.

NY Times - Opinion | Send In the Troops
The nation must restore order. The military stands ready.
by [Republican] Senator Tom Cotton

New York Times Staffers in Open Revolt Over Tom Cotton’s ‘Send in the Troops’ Column

USA Today - Mattis: Former defense secretary slams Trump as threat to US democracy

Here are all the current and former military leaders blasting Trump’s response to nationwide protests

The Daily Beast - ‘Uncomfortable Mission’: Pentagon Tries to Retreat From Trump’s Call to ‘Dominate’ Protests
Additionally, the president has pressed aides and Pentagon officials for graphic details on the kind of armored vehicles, military units, aircraft, and even “tanks” that they could potentially send to maintain order in U.S. areas rocked by protests and rioting, according to two people familiar with recent discussions.

One of the sources, a senior administration official, insisted that the president wasn’t ordering tanks to roll down the streets, but was inquiring about “the kind of hardware” that could be used in military shows of force, and at one point Trump threw out the word “tanks.”

“I think that is just one of the military words he knows,” this official said.

Hearing reports that the KKK is mobilized/making threats in Birmingham and plotting some violence to protesters after Birmingham had confederate monuments removed from the city.

Bacon wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:58 pm
Hearing reports that the KKK is mobilized/making threats in Birmingham and plotting some violence to protesters after Birmingham had confederate monuments removed from the city.
we’ve had some snipers just chilling on roofs and white guys in fishtown with baseball bats

stay safe dude

Master Virgo wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 3:25 am
A poll from 2016 showing the percentage of police officers who were Trump supporters. Fucking scumbags.

https://www.policemag.com/342098/the-20 ... ntial-poll

Trump's best demographic is/was with white men (2016 exit poll).

Non-Hispanic white men are roughly 30% of the overall U.S. population (and were 34% of voters in 2016), but the police population I'm guessing is way, way more. This is going to be an even bigger issue in the future because the United States becomes less white every year.

The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects (2018)

2016 election voter exit poll
2018 election voter exit poll

I hate how much of this thread has become the same couple people reporting statistics and condemning current events, while the majority of people stay silent or avoid the conversation. I've been talking to some people on here about this kind of thing through other, more personal means of contact, but I still hate how the discussion seems to have completely disappeared as more and more police brutality occurs.

Activism is a marathon, not a sprint.

-Vader