The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Law wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:31 am
Bacon wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 10:50 pm
I'm not trying to bait or seem insensitive, but are the police in NJ doing stuff like this?

You have to change your point of view, even just for a second, with videos like this. NYPD is surrounded by, mainly rioters as they're trying to clear the street. They took a single barricade from the sidewalk and brought it to the street to block their path. As debri and cones are being hurled at their cars, breaking windows.. the rioters then surround them and began to punch and further break the windows. I know twitter tells you not to believe this, but cops are humans too. So, instead of waiting there to be dragged out of the car by an angry mob and beaten to death, they drove through the crowd. That's what any human being would do. Fight or flight.
Holy shit dude. You can't actually be serious rn

BobRoss08 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 3:03 pm
m4st4 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:50 pm
Reverse would be the sensible option. Hitting a gas to push the blockade, along with the vehicle, with god knows what sort of outcome on the front, wasn't.

If you want to calm the masses, get your ass out and talk to people like they're people, not cattle.
Then these people can also be held to the standard of “acting like people”. Quit immediately throwing objects at people and instigating it. Cops also have a right to fear for their life, we are blessed with the ability to watch these videos and make snap judgements because we aren’t dealing with these situations in real time.

These riots started in my state yesterday, if I get a sense one of them is going to burn down my house they are getting a warning, then a warning shot and if that doesn’t do it they are getting clipped in the leg. If it happens, I can’t wait to here how I’m in the wrong for defending my property.
None of us here are doing much good either. We're just talking on a forum, judging, makin assumptions. I made mine. If I were in that car, I'd back down, definitely not punch the gas on the crowd, some damned kid might be there, probably was.

if you're a cop and you think your only approaches to a situation are fight or flight, you're part of the problem, man.

Not to mention by that own logic, flight would be the option that protects more people's lives instead of running protesters over with a fucking car.

We're going to refrain from posting threats of violence full stop.

Those statements don't contribute positively to the conversation or have a place here.

Thank you.

The police is ideally there to protect the community so if a cop's first instinct is to use violence because they feel like their lives are in danger they should not be a cop because the lives of the people in that community should come first ('to protect and serve', remember?). The job is dangerous and people expect police officers to be able to de-escalate situations but what comes across in millions of videos is that the police use violence when it's not necessary. For instance, I don't know why the police are shooting rubber bullets at journalists other than to send a message to the rest of the press and to avoid being filmed when they likely use excessive force and heinous violence against protesters. The average person is not seen as a citizen but as an enemy by the police. That is the result of training but also of the society these people operate in beause if you think that noone outside of yourself and the people you care about is a human being deserving of dignity and respect you get terrible stuff like this. The African-American and other communities have been talking about the targeted and excessive violence against, and killing of, African-Americans, Latinos and other minorities by the police for decades and noone has changed anything in the system so far so at some point you get situations of mass protests. Then you get situations where the police instigate violence or infiltrate protest movements to be able to crack down on what were peaceful protests.

Batfan speaking...truth?

Honestly Batfan has spoken truth multiple time but y'all always write him off lol

Forum Pro
Law
Without quoting the post, Bacon and Vader, you would rather the police be beat to death then. The argument, "then you're part of the problem", is moot. You both have zero idea what it's like to be a cop, since you both aren't one. You have no idea how you'd react in a violent situation when you're life is on the line, since you've never been in one. I'm not here to argue.. I responded logically with someone's point of view who has been in a life or death situation. You can continue to hate cops, that's fine. But don't speak like you have any clue what it's like to be one.

A quote from Mayor de Blasio, who is a cop hater like most of you on the situation.
“It is inappropriate for protestors to surround a police vehicle and threaten police officers,” he said. “That’s wrong on its face and that hasn’t happened in the history of protests in this city.”

He added that it was “clear that a different element has come into play here who are trying to hurt police officers and trying to damage their vehicles.”

While he wished the officers had not driven into the crowd, de Blasio said he "understood they didn't start the situation," which he said was "started by a group of protesters converging on a police vehicle."
Like usual, people take a short clip from an entire event and pretend like they know what happened. I find it funny how everyone ignored my post showing the police connecting with the community over the murder. You just choose to see the bad in everything.

m4st4 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:50 pm
Reverse would be the sensible option. Hitting a gas to push the blockade, along with the vehicle, with god knows what sort of outcome on the front, wasn't.

If you want to calm the masses, get your ass out and talk to people like they're people, not cattle.

None of those people wanted to talk, I thought it was obvious by the garbage being thrown at the vehicle, as well as cones, bottles, fists and whatever other debri they could find. If they reversed, they would have reversed into more people. Seeing as they were being surrounded by an angry mob, like my original post states.

Well Law, if I'm being really honest, you labeling Vader — especially after his post — and everyone else disgusted by some of the actions we've seen in the last 72 hours simply as cop haters speaks volumes about the situation.

Forum Pro
Law
TeddyBlass wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 6:50 pm
Well Law, if I'm being really honest, you labeling Vader — especially after his post — and everyone else disgusted by some of the actions we've seen in the last 72 hours simply as cop haters speaks volumes about the situation.
Which? The one where he said the cops should have reversed and driven around the angry mob attacking them? I've spent the last 3 or 4 days thinking about why I'm a cop. Everyone hates me because of a group of assholes. I'm not purposely attacking anyone on here or calling them out, I'm just venting.