The End of Trumpocalypse: TBD!

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Vanity Fair - Inside Donald Trump and Jared Kushner’s Two Months of Magical Thinking
Obsessed with impeachment and their enemies and worried about the stock market, the president and his son-in-law scapegoated HHS Secretary Alex Azar, and treated the coronavirus as mostly a political problem as it moved through the country.
The same day, Trump finally pushed Azar aside and put vice president Mike Pence in charge of the White House’s coronavirus task force. According to a source, Trump had considered other candidates—former New Jersey governor Chris Christie, Birx, and former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb—but he told people that bringing in a credentialed outsider would signal a larger concern about the virus. “It’s going to make the issue bigger than it needs to be,” he said to an adviser. He also knew that Pence could be controlled. “Trump trusts Pence almost more than anyone,” a former White House official said. In the West Wing, Trump often belittles Pence in front of others. “Pence lives in mortal fear of being booted off the ticket. Trump constantly reminds Mike that he almost didn’t choose him,” a Republican that heard Trump make the comments told me.
The Daily Beast - Roger Stone Told Julian Assange He Was Lobbying for Him at ‘the Highest Levels,’ New FBI Disclosures Show

The Daily Beast - Jared Kushner Calls Coronavirus Response ‘a Great Success Story’ as Death Toll Nears 60,000

Trump erupts at campaign manager as reelection stress overflows - CNNPolitics
Within moments, the President was shouting -- not at the aides in the room, but into the phone -- at his campaign manager Brad Parscale, three people familiar with the matter told CNN. Shifting the blame away from himself, Trump berated Parscale for a recent spate of damaging poll numbers, even at one point threatening to sue Parscale. It's not clear how serious the President's threat of a lawsuit was.
The Washington Post - Trump presented with grim internal polling showing him losing to Biden

Trump wants to get back his rallies ASAP.

Trump hopes for "massive" rallies of "25,000" this year - CBS News
"Hopefully in the not too distant future we'll have some massive rallies and people will be sitting next to each other. I can't imagine a rally where you have every fourth seat full, every six seats are empty for every one that you have full, that wouldn't look too good. No, I hope that we're going to be able to do some good old fashioned 25,000-person rallies where everyone's going wild because they love our country," the president told reporters during a business roundtable discussion.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/04/trump-say ... feel-good/
But Trump dismissed a leaked Centers for Disease Control and Prevention projection of daily deaths nearly doubling over the next month as “fake news.”

Asked about The New York Times report, he said, “I know nothing about it. I don’t know anything about it. Nobody told me that. I think it’s — I think it’s false, I think it’s fake news.”

Axios - Trump and some top aides question accuracy of coronavirus death toll

From the guy who never wanted to take it seriously from the beginning.

Trump falsely claims nearly 3,000 Americans in Puerto Rico 'did not die' - CNNPolitics (September 2018)

The Daily Beast - Box Scores Show Trump Lied His Ass Off About Being a High School Baseball Legend

NBC News - Trump tells allies his wearing a mask would 'send the wrong message', make him look ridiculous
The president said doing so would make it seem like he is preoccupied with health instead of focused on reopening.

The Washington Post - Trump vows complete end of Obamacare law despite pandemic

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 2:06 pm
https://nypost.com/2020/05/04/trump-say ... feel-good/
But Trump dismissed a leaked Centers for Disease Control and Prevention projection of daily deaths nearly doubling over the next month as “fake news.”

Asked about The New York Times report, he said, “I know nothing about it. I don’t know anything about it. Nobody told me that. I think it’s — I think it’s false, I think it’s fake news.”

Axios - Trump and some top aides question accuracy of coronavirus death toll

From the guy who never wanted to take it seriously from the beginning.

Trump falsely claims nearly 3,000 Americans in Puerto Rico 'did not die' - CNNPolitics (September 2018)

The Daily Beast - Box Scores Show Trump Lied His Ass Off About Being a High School Baseball Legend

NBC News - Trump tells allies his wearing a mask would 'send the wrong message', make him look ridiculous
The president said doing so would make it seem like he is preoccupied with health instead of focused on reopening.

The Washington Post - Trump vows complete end of Obamacare law despite pandemic
The Democrats & Romney, shouldn't have voted to impeach, they should have focused, on preventing, the china virus, from hitting our soil.
Last edited by CountDooku on May 14th, 2020, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trump is about to restrict free speech on social media

Good on Twitter for having the balls. Terrible tweet from the president.

But also, fuck the looters. This is not protesting or helping anyone. They're hurting their community as well as the cause. Hell, I'm fine with throwing rocks and slurs at the police, protest at the station, scream "fuck the police"... but stop looting! They should be arrested.

people are more concerned about buildings being destroyed rather than black people being lynched and murdered in broad daylight

kinda says all you need to know

"stop looting target" says people who routinely celebrate and cheer the boston tea party every independence day.

Cuntry is at 20+% unemployment, very little money coming in since unemployment offices are swarmed, they're just getting what they're owed.

LelekPL wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 6:36 am
Good on Twitter for having the balls. Terrible tweet from the president.

But also, fuck the looters. This is not protesting or helping anyone. They're hurting their community as well as the cause. Hell, I'm fine with throwing rocks and slurs at the police, protest at the station, scream "fuck the police"... but stop looting! They should be arrested.
if you actually want to understand a situation the way to do it is not by ignoring context