50 killed in Florida nightclub terror attack

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
MyCocaine wrote:To DHOPW42

I responded to you because you said Islam wasn't the problem. Clearly, you didn't believe you could get away with such propaganda. You then proceed to backtrack your statements about Islam and start talking about gun control. I'm not here to blame Islam solely for the shooting. I'm here to counter your bullshit comments about an important issue. The problems with guns plays it's part, that much should be obvious though I'll let other people debate for and against gun control. Beware of making such ignorant comments about Islam in the future.

To Prince

I don't see how the last sentence implies equalising of all religions. I stated, that the danger of religion shouldn't be underestimated and that Islam posses as the greatest threat amongst religions.
Because to not underestimate the danger you'd have to be always and equally prepared with the assumption that it's a threat, so while trying to say how Islam is the worst, at the same time, the other thing you're saying is that it doesn't matter which is worse, it matters instead that you don't underestimate either as less of a threat than the other.

... and if you're saying that then you're basically agreeing with DHOPW, because that's what he's saying too.

prince0gotham wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:To DHOPW42

I responded to you because you said Islam wasn't the problem. Clearly, you didn't believe you could get away with such propaganda. You then proceed to backtrack your statements about Islam and start talking about gun control. I'm not here to blame Islam solely for the shooting. I'm here to counter your bullshit comments about an important issue. The problems with guns plays it's part, that much should be obvious though I'll let other people debate for and against gun control. Beware of making such ignorant comments about Islam in the future.

To Prince

I don't see how the last sentence implies equalising of all religions. I stated, that the danger of religion shouldn't be underestimated and that Islam posses as the greatest threat amongst religions.
Because to not underestimate the danger you'd have to be always and equally prepared with the assumption that it's a threat, so while trying to say how Islam is the worst, at the same time, the other thing you're saying is that it doesn't matter which is worse, it matters instead that you don't underestimate either as less of a threat than the other.
That certainly wasn't my intention.
Last edited by MyCocaine on June 22nd, 2016, 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

But it's the result. You're saying both things yet you disagree when he says one of em. Look at what he says, his argument that you should question all religions, which he does in questioning christianity, then you tell him that he shouldn't, because Islam is worse, but then he SHOULD because all religion can be a threat.

prince0gotham wrote:But it's the result. You're saying both things yet you disagree when he says one of em. Look at what he says, his argument that you should question all religions, which he does in questioning christianity, then you tell him that he shouldn't, because Islam is worse, but then he SHOULD because all religion can be a threat.
How you interpret that as me saying all should be treated equally in terms of being a threat is on your hands. I've said no such thing. Interpret my words, don't twist them. I haven't told him not to question other religions. I told him Islam was the most poisonous of them all. How exactly do you come to these conclusions?

you said
Anyone, who underestimate the danger of religion is an enemy of mine.
which implies all religions are dangerous. what did you intend this sentence convey?
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on June 22nd, 2016, 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:you said
Anyone, who underestimate the danger of religion is an enemy of mine.
which implies all religions are dangerous
One again, that wasn't my intention but I cannot control how you interpret my posts.

I also said
Not all religions are equally poisonous

I don't have any problem calling both of them terrorists. They had the same goal with different radical idealologies.

Interesting. I'm glad I understood the fear part.