Obligatory Climate Change Thread or Are We Fucked?

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.

Can we stop global warming before it is too late?

Yes, optimistic that we can
20%
No, pessimistic that we can't
60%
The universe is indifferent to our suffering, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10%
yolo, sounds like a grandchildren kind of problem lol!
10%

Total votes: 10

Love this.

i'm very pro-environmentalism but I'm not sure where I stand on the Greta thing exactly

prince0gotham wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 9:15 am
i'm very pro-environmentalism but I'm not sure where I stand on the Greta thing exactly
How do you mean?

Master Virgo wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 10:24 am
prince0gotham wrote:
How do you mean?
Like, I think she's nice, I want more people to listen to her (if they would/could) and the whole campaign against her disability and age is appalling, but if you're just going to be an influencer without actually inventing anything yourself there's just better ways to do it. Look at how Ken Robinson talks about another crisis that's almost as serious and destructive - education. He uses jokes and examples and all that about something way less debatable and easy/quick to prove and test. Of course haters are gonna pile up on her later for being "just a face".

prince0gotham wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 8:33 am
Master Virgo wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 10:24 am
prince0gotham wrote:
How do you mean?
Like, I think she's nice, I want more people to listen to her (if they would/could) and the whole campaign against her disability and age is appalling, but if you're just going to be an influencer without actually inventing anything yourself there's just better ways to do it. Look at how Ken Robinson talks about another crisis that's almost as serious and destructive - education. He uses jokes and examples and all that about something way less debatable and easy/quick to prove and test. Of course haters are gonna pile up on her later for being "just a face".
sure but the movement needs all the 'faces' it can get

-Vader

Note: I failed to adequately explore the single biggest cost of the military-industrial complex: the loss of human lives. Watching the piece again, I wish I had done a better job of weaving the ramifications of violence into this video.

I feel like the remnants of my sarcasm are the only temporary comfort I can have regarding this topic.