U.S Presidential Election (2016)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Cilogy wrote:Who wouldn't want a president who puts his name in big gold letters on everything he owns?
Who's that? I'm out of the loop.

Pratham wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Who wouldn't want a president who puts his name in big gold letters on everything he owns?
Who's that? I'm out of the loop.
Trump.

Lol

Can someone please explain Jeb's relation to W?

the_red_ninja wrote:Can someone please explain Jeb's relation to W?
W's younger and slightly smarter brother.

Cilogy wrote:
that's not saying much, is it?

Cilogy wrote:
He's also basically a democrat and wouldn't be much of a change from who's in office now.

This is going to be a typical conservative suggestion, but honestly, if republicans want to win the next election, they need someone like Reagan, who can unite the entire population, even when half of said population doesn't really agree with his viewpoints. Unfortunately, they don't really have anyone like that.

Out of the republicans, I like Carson the best... I think. But he won't stand a chance if he doesn't learn to talk like a damn politician. Saying that being gay is a choice, and citing men coming out of prison gay, is not going to get you very far in an election today. The reason I like him tough, is because since he isn't a politician, and isn't involved in all that bullshit that happens in Washington.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
He's also basically a democrat and wouldn't be much of a change from who's in office now.

This is going to be a typical conservative suggestion, but honestly, if republicans want to win the next election, they need someone like Reagan, who can unite the entire population, even when half of said population doesn't really agree with his viewpoints. Unfortunately, they don't really have anyone like that.

Out of the republicans, I like Carson the best... I think. But he won't stand a chance if he doesn't learn to talk like a damn politician. Saying that being gay is a choice, and citing men coming out of prison gay, is not going to get you very far in an election today. The reason I like him tough, is because since he isn't a politician, and isn't involved in all that bullshit that happens in Washington.
No, he's just an idiot in plain clothes.

Donald Trump Defends Mexico Rape Comments: "Somebody's Doing the Raping"
This is a fucking headline and quote from a presidential candidate, VERBATIM:
"Well, somebody's doing the raping, Don! I mean somebody's doing it! Who's doing the raping? Who's doing the raping?

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:The reason I like him tough, is because he isn't a politician, and isn't involved in all that bullshit that happens in Washington.
I see this being thrown a lot when it comes to elections. It's nonsense. Sure, you might not be a politician but no man will get backed up by a party without him being involved in all "the bullshit". Whether he's aware that he's part of it or not then that's another topic and to be frank, if he's not aware he's being part of something bigger than him then he's not the man to rule a country anyway. You'd really prefer someone that naive to rule your country? Doubt it.

Regardless of all the above, IF someone that isn't part of the bullshit somehow ends up becoming the president, you should damn well know he's going to be part of it afterwards, once he's sitting in his office and he's being introduced to the system that's been working for decades.

Bullshit is part of politics and as long as politics rule the world... all you need to do as a voter is to be as wise as possible. This includes actually voting and not staying home when the day comes. Otherwise you're part of the problem your claim you want to be solved.