U.S Presidential Election (2016)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Vader182 wrote:To anyone who doesn't understand why Hilary Clinton is an incredibly dangerous, unethical, corrupt human being:

Hilary made an enormous mess of Syria, Egypt, just about any foreign policy thing she ever tried to do as secretary of state, the FBI basically said she's either a criminal or an idiot and they went with idiot for the email scandal, AND, worst of all, after Debbie Wasserman Schultz stepped down Clinton brought her onto her campaign. She said they were friends, sure. But it also signals the world that you can behave unethically, corruptly, and as long as it benefits Hilary Clinton, you won't only walk away without punishment... you'll be rewarded. It's absolutely surreal to me that both leading candidates are in the news advocating separate illegal things as we've become desensitized to the point this is our new normal.

She's deep in the pockets and influence of Wallstreet (Obama is/was too to a degree) which means the economy will continue to weaken, the middle class will continue to be damaged, the 1%-ers will continue the tax breaks of the last several decades.

She's also the most hawkish of all major candidates running (except for maybe Cruz?) and given her aforementioned track record (Syria...etc) having someone who historically showed such unethical, poor, poor, poor judgement on those issues pretty much creates a spell of doom around how she'll handle the current Iranian crisis (that Obama in part contributed to), ISIL/ISIS and Islamic Terrorism in general. Up to you if this is par for the course politicians, but given her entire network of shady dealings it's not hard to see what her motivations are.

Any reasonable person would see she's bad news. Any other election I'd never in a million years vote for her and I'd actively try to convince others to join me. She's that shit of a candidate in every possible way. The only thing going for her is that she's "the establishment" and likely won't want to rock the boat too much. It's just that the boat is on rocky waters.

-Vader
What's funny is the "but Trump is worse" caveat really kinda works when all of Clinton's flaws are outlined. I say that because if Clinton is a Machiavellian then perhaps that's exactly what we need over a sociopath.

Known evil versus unknown, and all that.

I feel like Bloomberg made an interesting case, which happened to resonate with me to most. It's about the bigger picture and responsible choice.

Of course Trump is worse. The man went on daytime TV and said he'll murder the innocent women and children related to known terrorists as a method of fighting ISIS/ISIL. He's a clueless monster who says whatever will get him the most press. He has the potential to do truly incomprehensible amounts of damage to this country. Hilary will most likely just be a much worse Obama.

-Vader

Which isn't the end of the world and maybe Clinton learned from some of her mistakes as Secretary of State. Maybe in 4 years if Clinton wins and she underwhelms the Republicans can put out a decent candidate. Marco Rubio seems like the best bet nut they weren't smart enough to nominate him this year so...

Chrolan wrote:
:lol: :lol:

On an literal level, what Clinton says makes sense to me, but I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that she looks and sounds like she's scolding people when she speaks.

It's especially maddening when you're listening to someone you're actually trying to like.

Cilogy wrote:On an literal level, what Clinton says makes sense to me, but I'm having a hard time getting over the fact that she looks and sounds like she's scolding people when she speaks.
Grow up?

Bruh.

Cooper
Bloomberg
and Laker legend Kareem all endorsing Hillary.

I sink

well, russian roulette is better than death row

prince0gotham wrote:well, russian roulette is better than death row
tbh best analogy so far