U.S Presidential Election (2016)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
But he's not a politician. And he can't just ditch Microsoft.

The National Nurses United labor union announced their endorsement of Bernie Sanders.

It begins....

I've heard almost nothing but good things about Bernie. I haven't looked into things, but I hear Bernie always being praised and Hilary always being slammed.

How are the polls looking? Which of the two seems like they'll get the Democratic position?

Bacon wrote:I've heard almost nothing but good things about Bernie. I haven't looked into things, but I hear Bernie always being praised and Hilary always being slammed.

How are the polls looking? Which of the two seems like they'll get the Democratic position?
This is currently tracking 112 polls: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... ic-primary

I don't think you realize most democrats are trying to hand Hillary the nomination. As I said earlier it's the reason there are so few debates. In the 2008 cycle she started out the favorite by far, but she lost traction throughout the debates and ended up losing.

Yeah I like Bern but the cards are totally stacked in Hilarys favor. Who knows whatll happen.

I can't take Sanders seriously. He's great at fraud-exposing and does it with passion so if it were just that and if he was a little closer to center I'd be a fan. Ultimately though his economical rhetoric preaches equality through penalization and when did that ever solve anything? I mean, technically, he could be a great president without all that simply by being this Honest Bern figure. That alone creates enough of enemies and shit to do without stepping into the realm of ridicilous.

Watched JFK yesterday again. Reminded me how of little importance a president actually is these days.

If things aren't meant to change then they won't. No matter what party is involved. And if there's one that actually has the balls to really bring changes then he's gonna be in a world of trouble. So all these candidates... it doesn't matter that much in the end.

I mean we're voting for like the small changes we want to see in our countries but none of the big ones which are required to evolve.

Then again, small changes amount to something in long-term so there's also that. Point is... even if it's for apparently nothing, people do need to vote and vote with wisdom for long-term.

RIFA wrote: So all these candidates... it doesn't matter that much in the end.
This is the attitude of alot of people in this country. And also one of the problems.

I kind of want Trump just to win strictly for entertainment value. :lol:

DoubleD wrote:
RIFA wrote: So all these candidates... it doesn't matter that much in the end.
This is the attitude of alot of people in this country. And also one of the problems.
Yep. The problem is they stop at that statement instead of thinking further.

Anyway...

Guess who made the news...