U.S Presidential Election (2016)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
RIFA wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
RIFA wrote: So all these candidates... it doesn't matter that much in the end.
This is the attitude of alot of people in this country. And also one of the problems.
Yep. The problem is they stop at that statement instead of thinking further.

Anyway...

Guess who made the news...

#TYBG

He's spoken so I guess there really ain't shit else left to say.

Bacon wrote:I've heard almost nothing but good things about Bernie. I haven't looked into things, but I hear Bernie always being praised and Hilary always being slammed.

How are the polls looking? Which of the two seems like they'll get the Democratic position?
For what it's worth, a new poll that came out earlier today revealed Bernie Sanders to be ahead of Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinio ... n_nh_44_37

Reportedly Al Gore may throw his hat in the ring.

SilverHeart wrote:Reportedly Al Gore may throw his hat in the ring.
Usually I don't like Vanderbilt alum, but Al seems like a good guy that could implement change. His brand is very strong within the Dem party so it could be interesting.

lol

Dodd wrote:
Usually I don't like Vanderbilt alum, but Al seems like a good guy that could implement change. His brand is very strong within the Dem party so it could be interesting.
Plus he did technically win over the voters.

Sanders is still gaining serious traction though, people are comparing his surging to Obama, especially since Hillary was set up to be the frontrunner then as well.

SilverHeart wrote:
Dodd wrote:
Plus he did technically win over the voters.

Sanders is still gaining serious traction though, people are comparing his surging to Obama, especially since Hillary was set up to be the frontrunner then as well.
This is a little different than Obama. Hillary was the front runner until the debates and we got a little more into the primaries. It's way too early to start comparing what Sanders is doing to Obama.

Well he is pulling bigger crowds than Obama ever did around the same time frame, but yeah the primaries will be the big place where he either shines or not.

I do think he'll at least be a serious option for a VP pick for Hillary. There's not any significant other options available.

Which makes me realize, I don't think there's actually a term limit for Vice Presidency so Joe Biden I think could actually be a VP again.

Something about Sanders reminds me of Pacino. Does anyone else see it?