U.S Presidential Election (2016)

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Pratham wrote:Thoughts on Sanders? Reddit is jerking itself to death over him.
He has my vote but being an honest politician with no big business donors is like Ned Stark playing at politics (he himself wants to outlaw such donations). He explained exactly how he'd make public college free (a year and a half before the actual election) by taxing WallStreet whereas Romney/Ryan basically admitted that they have to withhold most of their budget plan/ not acknowledge it until they got elected, I wonder why. Every TV news outlet will try to defame Sanders with their dying breath and since thats the only way most voters learn anything about politics I'm not too optimistic.

Cilogy wrote: I will admit I'm actually pulling for Marco Rubio the most right now.
Jesus Fuck.

Give me Ben Carson or give me death

Donald Trump leads in the polls

chinn70 wrote:Donald Trump leads in the polls
what polls? the ones that are irrelevant?

lol politik

The good news is that Trump has pretty much single handedly gifted the entire Hispanic and Latino vote to the Democrats.

dafox wrote:
He has my vote but being an honest politician with no big business donors is like Ned Stark playing at politics (he himself wants to outlaw such donations). He explained exactly how he'd make public college free (a year and a half before the actual election) by taxing WallStreet whereas Romney/Ryan basically admitted that they have to withhold most of their budget plan/ not acknowledge it until they got elected, I wonder why. Every TV news outlet will try to defame Sanders with their dying breath and since thats the only way most voters learn anything about politics I'm not too optimistic.
Also, relevant:

The guy seems genuine; more genuine than Clinton and Obama for sure. If he beats Hillary (which seems unlikely because she has a shitload of money and influence on the right kinds of establishment figures), I'd consider him more seriously if he was a realistic candidate. Unfortunately he's not, because like Foxy said, you can't play the game of thrones as a white knight.

I admire what he's trying to do, but I don't know if it's gonna work.

Then again, this is kinda how Obama won too. He was considered an impossible longshot and still overcame every other fucking Democrat in the race, by winning over hearts and minds and some special interests. Of course he at least learned how to play the game a bit; Sanders seems vehemently against the game.

Cilogy wrote:
dafox wrote:
Also, relevant:

The guy seems genuine; more genuine than Clinton and Obama for sure. If he beats Hillary (which seems unlikely because she has a shitload of money and influence on the right kinds of establishment figures), I'd consider him more seriously if he was a realistic candidate. Unfortunately he's not, because like Foxy said, you can't play the game of thrones as a white knight.

I admire what he's trying to do, but I don't know if it's gonna work.

Then again, this is kinda how Obama won too. He was considered an impossible longshot and still overcame every other fucking Democrat in the race, by winning over hearts and minds and some special interests. Of course he at least learned how to play the game a bit; Sanders seems vehemently against the game.
Obama way outspent Mccain and even Mitt Romney by a little. He's a good speaker who even won over my quasi racist dad but he's not committed to any principles since that'll almost always end your political career.

CIA had it right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHe7MzNWHTo
Last edited by dafox on July 18th, 2015, 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.