Controversial opinions about the universe

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Reading that gives me a headache.

Back to my Evolve Alpha I guess.

I like to think god put atheists on earth to test my lack of faith.

People in this thread seem to be viewing life and humanity on a more universal perspective, as if viewing it from above from a telescope. I think the only way to try to find your own peace in life is not to view it as a whole, but simply look at it from your perspective, as in, your own experiences, your own past, your own memories, and your own individual life. The more of an understanding you have of you yourself as a person, and your own life, the greater of an understanding you will have for life as a whole.

We can't fix the whole world's problems, but we can fix our own, and that's what matters. If we are able to make ourselves better people, we can then in return make the world better. There's a reason that Buddhists emphasize that idea of looking inward rather than outward for peace and knowledge. And Buddhism is not a religion, it's a spirituality despite common belief.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:People in this thread seem to be viewing life and humanity on a more universal perspective, as if viewing it from above from a telescope. I think the only way to try to find your own peace in life is not to view it as a whole, but simply look at it from your perspective, as in, your own experiences, your own past, your own memories, and your own individual life. The more of an understanding you have of you yourself as a person, and your own life, the greater of an understanding you will have for life as a whole.

We can't fix the whole world's problems, but we can fix our own, and that's what matters. If we are able to make ourselves better people, we can then in return make the world better. There's a reason that Buddhists emphasize that idea of looking inward rather than outward for peace and knowledge. And Buddhism is not a religion, it's a spirituality despite common belief.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:People in this thread seem to be viewing life and humanity on a more universal perspective, as if viewing it from above from a telescope. I think the only way to try to find your own peace in life is not to view it as a whole, but simply look at it from your perspective, as in, your own experiences, your own past, your own memories, and your own individual life. The more of an understanding you have of you yourself as a person, and your own life, the greater of an understanding you will have for life as a whole.

one love, i agree with this.

i think something like this is one of the main theses of nolan's films (it and the return of the repressed, but that's a topic for another time): you can only really understand the world's problems by understanding your inner life. this is why i think interstellar is his capstone; it's the most direct contemplation of humankind's place in the universe. cooper journeys to the far reaches of space--to the absolute frontiers of human knowledge--only to find himself, only to find that what really matters to him is his life on earth and his relationship with his children. for someone who's lost his wife, that's all he really has left. (i wish i felt his love for brand more--i'm sad nolan cut the sequence of them fucking--it would have made the ending even more gratifying for me.)

but yeah, nolan seems to be a big believer in the primacy of the inner. you can't help others until you know how to help yourself.

I really believe there's a limit to how much freedom a society can have, and it seems like we're getting closer to just getting out of control with some things.

"Anti-vaccination" is a great example of this.

Cilogy wrote:I really believe there's a limit to how much freedom a society can have, and it seems like we're getting closer to just getting out of control with some things.

"Anti-vaccination" is a great example of this.
And SJWs

I barely come into this part of the forum, but I just saw this and... Yes. That it all. Yes to everything you said.

Btw great avatar

As time goes on I actually find myself despising men (myself included) more and more while I develop a genuine fascination with and love of women. This is not solely sexual, mind you, it's mostly sociological and intellectual. Unless it's a guy I find really attractive, (like a married guy I know who interviewed me recently for a job, holy fuck now there's a perfect human) men and boys just straight up disgust and appall me. They come across as slobs, meat-heads and immature children. I often think women ought to have a shot at social dominance if only because us guys have fucked a lot of things up just being reckless and uncontrollably horny and shit over the last few millennia.

I find I'm also constantly yearning to understand the perspectives and experiences of women. It's come to a point where I think I'd probably feel more comfortable with myself if I were female. Like, as long as I can remember, most of my good friends have been gals, and I've always identified with women way more than men. I also think part of the reason I have such a hard fucking time socially is because I've been so bullied and intimidated by masculine males that I was always cast out of male friendships and never fully accepted by females (because I'm male). So I'm like caught in the middle somewhere.

idk it's 2 am and this is usually when I'm at my most thoughtful and most psychotic, probably

anyone know what's wrong with me?

Cilogy's getting a sex change confirmed.

Brendo you owe me $25.