Chemical Weapons Use in Syria

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
I hope it does not come to US intervention, but if they decide for some really stupid reason to put actual soldiers on the ground, Iran and Russia will fight with the Assad regime. In that case, I will be inclined to enlist the moment I turn 18. This crisis will spillover if it isn't contained for too long. This isn't about Syria, it's about the entire Middle East region also including Eastern European nations as well.

Forum Pro
Law
Obama and Syria

Law wrote:Obama and Syria

Not anymore man. He's drawing the line. They mass murdered with the chemical weapons. They're launching cruise missiles at Syrian government outposts this week. Some say it's late, some say it's the right time, some say it was never the right time (me). But nevertheless, it must be done to send a message.

FreakLikeMe wrote:
Law wrote:Obama and Syria

Not anymore man. He's drawing the line. They mass murdered with the chemical weapons. They're launching cruise missiles at Syrian government outposts this week. Some say it's late, some say it's the right time, some say it was never the right time (me). But nevertheless, it must be done to send a message.
When was this announced?

But, aren't the American fuck up enough to make ANOTHER invasion?

FreakLikeMe wrote:
Message to who? Assad? This isn't about Assad. The chemical weapons excuse is B.S. It's really laughable to think this bothers the US one bit, the hypocrisy and double standards are just obvious. The US wants to invade a country for using chemical weapons in the same day papers have surfaced that prove that the US aided and urged Saddam to use even worse chemical weapon on Iran in 1988. Equally more Syrian people are being slaughtered with the weapons that the West have given to the Muslim extremists who have come into Syria by Western and Arab funding. And worse they are being slaughtered not for political reasons but for their religious beliefs.

The intervention has nothing to do with the alleged chemical attacks. It's only aim is to prolong the slaughtering in Syria because the Syrian regime has been gaining the upper hand for a couple months now and the strike aims is to even things up again by weakening the Syrian air force. People keep referring that Iran and Russian just want to keep Assad, when in reality all they want is the region and don't give two shits about Assad. Same thing with the Western powers, they don't give two shits about Syrian lives, never have, never will.

The lives of the people of an entire region is more important than the Western's guilty conscience and hypocritical double standards that they call "sending a message". Intervention with the claim of stopping the slaughters doesn't convince anyone since Western governments are a large reason why the slaughters are happening in the first place.

FreakLikeMe wrote:I hope it does not come to US intervention, but if they decide for some really stupid reason to put actual soldiers on the ground, Iran and Russia will fight with the Assad regime. In that case, I will be inclined to enlist the moment I turn 18. This crisis will spillover if it isn't contained for too long. This isn't about Syria, it's about the entire Middle East region also including Eastern European nations as well.
we need a non -intervention foreign policy .

ah yes, another unstable country, another potential intervention from the United States. We're already the most bankrupt country in the history of civilization, still bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan, let's get involved in another conflict. Seems only reasonable. GTFO.