Media Piracy Discussion

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
This thread is dedicated to the discussion of piracy movies, TV Shows, etc.

Our lord and savior Cilogy has a point:
Cilogy wrote: But when you buy something on home video, it goes to corporations, not the filmmakers. The filmmaker are oftentimes already compensated, and also sometimes receive recognition through awards.
Personally I don't pirate because I'm a big pussy who is afraid of viruses. I also like owning a physical copy, especially with Criterion stuff.

I use torrents to watch the movie first. And if I like it I buy the Blu Ray.

Edit: Or if it is an R rated movie. An my parents won't let me get it.

I can remember the last time I paid for a movie. 2009 or 2010 maybe? I always just walk into movies in real life at the cinema. And I always just rip blurays of pirate bay :twisted:

Dodd wrote:I can remember the last time I paid for a movie. 2009 or 2010 maybe? I always just walk into movies in real life at the cinema. And I always just rip blurays of pirate bay :twisted:
Not a special features kind of guy?

Sandy wrote:
Dodd wrote:I can remember the last time I paid for a movie. 2009 or 2010 maybe? I always just walk into movies in real life at the cinema. And I always just rip blurays of pirate bay :twisted:
Not a special features kind of guy?
na

Can't say I do pirate stuff, I'm a collector type person so it's more satisfying getting the blu-ray and in some cases a limited edition set (recently got the Looper steelbook). I'm also quite into special features and have a netflix account so I don't often feel the need to get pirate stuff (DVDs are so cheap for me now as well, most DVDs over 5 years old cost about 3-5 pounds for me at my local HMV). I can see why people do pirate stuff and don't really mind piracy but I don't watch films regularly enough to do so myself.

Considering the sheer number of films and shows I watch, I'd have spent all my college savings on blu's long ago.

-vAder

I'm considering growing a pair and pirating if Netflix keeps sending me bluray's that skip during the last ten minutes of the fucking movie.

Sandy wrote:I'm considering growing a pair and pirating if Netflix keeps sending me bluray's that skip during the last ten minutes of the fucking movie.
Torrenting is best, and safest, when you do it from reliable sources consistently. I always download from the same 5 or 6 people on TPB.