Quotes of Wisdom

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
This thread is about posting thought-provoking quotes from people that makes you think about the world around you. Quotes from wise people like Gandhi or Martin Luther King Jr, post them here so we can start thinking about the lives we live.

Forum Pro
Law
I'm thinking about taking a hiatus from this site for a couple of months when I hit 10000 posts. I should focus more on my schooling because my visiting of this site is becoming a smoking-esque addiction. Would you miss me if I left?
-BlairCo

Law wrote:
I'm thinking about taking a hiatus from this site for a couple of months when I hit 10000 posts. I should focus more on my schooling because my visiting of this site is becoming a smoking-esque addiction. Would you miss me if I left?
-BlairCo
What could you take away from this, Law?

Forum Pro
Law
Schooling is more important and will have a much heavier impact on my future life.

Law wrote:Schooling is more important and will have a much heavier impact on my future life.
The wisest quote so far in this thread.

You're always clapping, sometimes with very long pauses.

Something to think about

deshi deshi basarah basarah deshi deshi basarah basarah deshi deshi basarah basarah deshi deshi basarah basarah

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken - the late great Colonel Sanders
Say Girl

"I come to this magnificent house of worship tonight because my conscience leaves me no other choice.
A true revolution of values will lay hands on the world order and say of war: "This way of settling differences is not just." This business of burning human beings with napalm, of filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows, of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into veins of people normally humane, of sending men home from dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged, cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice and love." - (Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence by Rev. Martin Luther King - 4 April 1967)