Gun Control

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Obama, Gun Control Backers: Senate Defeat Won't Stop Us.
WASHINGTON — One day after the demise of gun control legislation, Senate supporters of the measure vowed to try again, while a leading opponent accused President Barack Obama of taking the "low road" when he harshly criticized lawmakers who voted against key provisions.
"When good and honest people have honest differences of opinion about what policies the country should pursue about gun rights...the president of the United States should not accuse them of having no coherent arguments or of caving to the pressure," said Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas.
The fate of the bill was sealed in a string of votes on Wednesday, when Republicans backed by a small group of rural-state Democrats rejected more extensive background checks for gun purchasers and also torpedoed proposed bans on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.
Though the gun control bill was moribund for the foreseeable future, the Senate approved two minor amendments on Thursday. One by Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., cutting aid to state and local governments that release information on gun owners, was approved 67-30. Another by Sens. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, and Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., bolstering federal mental health programs passed 95-2.
"If they hadn't scored it, we'd have had 70 votes," he said. Instead, it drew 54, six short of the 60 needed to advance.

Manchin also told reporters at a breakfast sponsored by the Wall Street Journal that the outcome would have been different if the Senate had acted more quickly after the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. "If we'd have gone to a bill like this immediately, boom," he said, predicting it would have received 65-70 votes.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 09105.html

Any ban on fire arms at the Federal level won't work they should back off and leave it to the states .

Okay so just imagine I posted a pic of myself shirtless & flexing with the caption "Can't control these guns!"

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Okay so just imagine I posted a pic of myself shirtless & flexing with the caption "Can't control these guns!"

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Okay so just imagine I posted a pic of myself shirtless & flexing with the caption "Can't control these guns!"
bring it .

You know, gun control works so well, just look at how low the crime rate is in Chicago (NOT).

Skyab23 wrote:You know, gun control works so well, just look at how low the crime rate is in Chicago (NOT).
i dont know much abt crime rate in Chicago , but fuck the gun culture.
implement a fucking "gun act" ffs .

chinn70 wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:You know, gun control works so well, just look at how low the crime rate is in Chicago (NOT).
Your retardation precedes you.

RyanRises wrote:
chinn70 wrote:
Your retardation precedes you.
not more than you bitchoo

THIS....