Mass Shooting at Conneticuit Elementary School

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Cilogy wrote:Dear NF members who don't live in the US,

This is the type of shit that happens in our country, and when it comes to gun control, when it comes to getting weapons out of the hands of these crazy people, politicians mourn the deaths of these victims and simultaneously say "oh well, I guess there's nothing that can be done".

Yeah ... that's how fucking crazy we are.
Guns shouldn't be taken away from people entirely. But yeah, this shit is terrible. My mom's literally crying right now.

This is the type of shit that happens in our country, and when it comes to gun control, when it comes to getting weapons out of the hands of these crazy people, politicians mourn the deaths of these victims and simultaneously say "oh well, I guess there's nothing that can be done".

You really think gun laws will prevent these sick fucks from getting guns? I would hope so but I doubt it.

Allstar wrote:

You really think gun laws will prevent these sick fucks from getting guns? I would hope so but I doubt it.
^This. Gun control isn't necessarily what we need.

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:

Guns are like drugs, if you want one you'll get one.

Allstar wrote:

So ... we do nothing?

What about things like traffic laws? People, sometimes sick fucks even, break laws on the road, so what's the use in having them?
Last edited by Cilogy on December 14th, 2012, 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Law wrote: Guns are like drugs, if you want one you'll get one.
Very true.

Bacon wrote:
Allstar wrote: You really think gun laws will prevent these sick fucks from getting guns? I would hope so but I doubt it.
^This. Gun control isn't necessarily what we need.
Gun control is exactly hat we need.
Brave New World

I agree with Bacon, guns should not be taken away from EVERYONE, because there are responsible gun owners out there, but there also aren't. There people who aren't responsible, but that doesn't mean we just sit back and do nothing.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:I agree with Bacon, guns should not be taken away from EVERYONE, because there are responsible gun owners out there, but there also aren't. There people who aren't responsible, but that doesn't mean we just sit back and do nothing.
Guns require background checks before purchase, which is fine. However, background checks don't go into a persons mental state. THIS is what needs to be looked into, every person who goes in to buy a gun should have to go through a psych test.
Last edited by Law on December 14th, 2012, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.