Mass Shooting at Conneticuit Elementary School

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
banepants wrote:Powerdump are you from the states?
I'm from Michigan, I used to hunt but probably haven't for over 4 years now. I think the last time I fired a gun was 5 years ago (in case that is what you want to know, if I heavily use guns or whatever).

I know a lot of people who do clay pigeon shooting for fun (I used to a long time ago), and go on hunting trips with family and friends. I think it might be hard for some people who haven't done it before to understand (and I'm not trying to say anyone is unintelligent here, seriously, I'm not) but hunting/clay pigeon shooting is simply a hobby and way of life for some people who have not and never will harm anyone.

PowerDump wrote:
banepants wrote:Powerdump are you from the states?
I'm from Michigan, I used to hunt but probably haven't for over 4 years now. I think the last time I fired a gun was 5 years ago (in case that is what you want to know, if I heavily use guns or whatever).

I know a lot of people who do clay pigeon shooting for fun (I used to a long time ago), and go on hunting trips with family and friends. I think it might be hard for some people who haven't done it before to understand (and I'm not trying to say anyone is unintelligent here, seriously, I'm not) but hunting/clay pigeon shooting is simply a hobby and way of life for some people who have not and never will harm anyone.
I was just curious how close you are to everything that's going on, and thankfully you provided more about your experience with guns. My standpoint on the issue is that yes, people can have this as a hobby or a way of life. Problem with that is, other people are seriously fucking up your territory right now.

I do understand where you're coming from here, and that many people would be upset if gun laws change, but it looks like something along those lines in necessary.

PowerDump wrote:
You do know that hunting and clay pigeon shooting is totally normal in Europe and else where in the world right? You just have to get a license to have a weapon. Which isn't so complicated. Many of my friends who lives outside the city have rifles. There are just some strict rules as of how the weapons must be stored, transported, which kind of weapons, ammo and so on.

banepants wrote:
PowerDump wrote:

I was just curious how close you are to everything that's going on, and thankfully you provided more about your experience with guns. My standpoint on the issue is that yes, people can have this as a hobby or a way of life. Problem with that is, other people are seriously fucking up your territory right now.

I do understand where you're coming from here, and that many people would be upset if gun laws change, but it looks like something along those lines in necessary.
If somehow gun laws could pass that would allow people that have had them for 10 years + and are hunters and can prove it to keep them and make it take some years to acquire them for new users (or make it extremely difficult for new people to get them) I would be for it. Unfortunately that would probably never happen because people would complain that it isn't fair.

I'll apologize for my comments that were harsh, but when I see comments that say guns are only bad it really isn't fair. I imagine a lot of people who simply hate guns don't know what it is like to want to go hunting or don't have friends/family that go hunting (and again I'm not trying to belittle anyone). There is nothing wrong with things like hunting or clay pigeon shooting and I feel like some people have this negative outlook on anyone that has a gun after something like this.

Gun Control won't solve anything as its not the issue in reguard to this latest shooting incident. The facts are... The only facts that matter the only facts of relevant matter are that Adam Lanza choose to consciously plan out a massacre that started with him killing his mother who did NOT work at the school in question he then left for the Elementary school and wiped out a Kindergarden class before moving against a 1st grader class. He chose to commit himself to the acts he unleashed Friday and his acts have nothing to do with his mental state, what he watched, listened to, read, or played. Its time for our society to stop victimizing criminals then demonize their victims and start issuing out the punishments that these individuals so rightfully deserve for the crimes commited.

:judge:

Since you are so into facts.

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2010: 8,775
Number of Murders by Firearms, Britain, 2011*: 58
(Since Britain's population is 1/5 that of US, this is equivalent to 290 US murders)

anyone saying gun control doesn't have anything to do with this is part of the problem

Just heard someone on the news say there were" angels in the class room" because a few kids managed to get out.

WHAT?!

I mean it's great they made it out but SERIOUSLY?! "Angels" in the class room?" Am I the only one who thinks that ridiculous to say?!
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Just heard someone on the news say there were" angels in the class room" because a few kids managed to get out.

WHAT?!

I mean it's great they made it out but SERIOUSLY?! "Angels" in the class room?" Am I the only one who thinks that ridiculous to say?!
Yeah it's sort of ridiculous because it implies that the kids who died deserved to die and the kids who lived where intentionally saved by divine intervention.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Just heard someone on the news say there were" angels in the class room" because a few kids managed to get out.

WHAT?!

Yeah it's sort of ridiculous because it implies that the kids who died deserved to die and the kids who lived where intentionally saved by divine intervention.
Makes me really fucking angry.
Sigs???