Mass Shooting at Conneticuit Elementary School

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
i think it is important to ask this question here
what exactly are the uses of a civilian having a firearm (other than recreational ones)? i am sure selling of
arms and ammunition is a profitable market, but when you narrow it down to the individual level it boils down
to one crucial clause:

-The right to protect oneself.

how exactly do you differentiate between a potential psychopath (who fits right in) and an average person? What
fail safe measure do you have that discriminates between "granting a right" versus reinforcing an impending hazard?

- increasing the age limit?
- thorough background and family history checks? Naturally people should be comfortable sharing private info
if they want self protection that bad. no? But.. this is America, where personal business is not so easily disclosed nor verified.
- psych tests. How much will a professional charge?
- Hiking up the prices of arms and ammunition? Selling arms and ammunition won't be too profitable an industry considering the
expensive licences and maintenance of stock + circulation + distributors etc.

I would think that with increasing gun control you minimize domestic revenue (of course a percentage of that revenue will be compensated by revenue overseas... laugh with me.. more rebels with guns). So again the major road block is a financial one.

we can definitely increase gun control but that would need public attention and funding. Sadly most Americans are desensitized to such crucial domestic policies and only grow ears in the context of elementary school shootings. Sad excuse, but hey that is life.. we use grieving parents (strangers) as our ammunition to protest against guns.. forgetting that guns are advertised in every pop culture outlet you can think of, and that violence is in our very nature. What is even worse is that we will forget about this sad incident and our ever deficient attention span will shift to some trite unessential issue. We will lobby for increasing gun control, only to forget about it tomorrow because the truth is: it doesn't effect us. Sure you can shed a tear or two, share a moment of silence in commemoration of those kids who fell victim.. but honestly ask yourself this question: do you REALLY give a flying fuck? There are so many Pakistani kids killed by American drones targeting hostiles, you know what they are called? not victims... collateral damage (but hey they are not American.. but wait we will force them to seek OUR liberties)

the double standards of this country are countless... and believe it or not you need double standards for societies to operate
that is the reason why America is divided into a bipartisan system. Those in favor of gun laws and those against.

Please don't live in denial. Shit (fertilizer) makes flowers grow.

Everyone here that is talking about "gun control" and "media" like the news and our elected officials are refusing to discuss or address the real issue. The only issue the one that only needs to be discussed is "Mental Health" as more states and cities across the US scale back staff at facilities or in some cases shut facilities down these patients are left without access to their meds. And because of this these people will have a psychotic episode.

A bit of Freeman wisdom:
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
Remember Natural Born Killers? Tarantino's original script did not mention the media as a major factor in this equation, but it is. Fuck the killers, remember the victims. If you go to Germany and try to find Hitler's house or the way to the Eagle's nest, no one will tell you, but you can find every single available information about the holocaust anywhere in the world.

dadosaboya wrote:Image

A bit of Freeman wisdom:
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
Remember Natural Born Killers? Tarantino's original script did not mention the media as a major factor in this equation, but it is. Fuck the killers, remember the victims. If you go to Germany and try to find Hitler's house or the way to the Eagle's nest, no one will tell you, but you can find every single available information about the holocaust anywhere in the world.
I'm pretty sure someone on redditor disproves he said thus
Sigs???

Obama's speaking in a few minutes at the high school auditorium.
Brave New World

Freeman has confirmed that the above statement is a hoax.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:Freeman has confirmed that the above statement is a hoax.
its hella true though
Why you lurking my page brah?

prince0gotham wrote:
That's what I'm talking about.
DoubleD wrote:Freeman has confirmed that the above statement is a hoax.
Really? Guess I should check a source before posting, but the point is that I agree with it.

Well, this goes back to the fascination of Serial Killers within American history. An easy example is Ted Bundy.