Palastine-Israel Issue: Why America supports Israel ???

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Bacon wrote:
ihsan wrote:
Whaaaat ??!!!!!! is that what you are seeing happening there ??!!! Fine, leave that..

I am asking about the moral behind occupying Palastine land. It was Arab land before 1940's or something.. right ???

If someone coming to occupy your home or city what you will do ?? welcome ??
Egypt, Lebanon, and Jordan had plans to attack Israel and wipe it from the face of the planet. Israel fought back and won in 7 days. 7 freaking days. Israel took some land to say not to fuck with them. That's what you do when you win wars. OBTAIN LAND. And Palestinians are bombing Israel first, so Israel is retaliating. Nothing wrong with winning a war, conquering land, and protecting that land.
I dunno if I agree with that at all, losing land seems like an acceptable war casualty because of the amount it has happened, but in the last hundred years it's never happened to western forces - Germany lose land under the Treaty of Versailles, Indochina is colonised by the French, Vietnam gets split into North and South as a result of containment strategies by America, Germany split into four zones then the east and west divide, and none of these have ever been a benefit to international relations. We don't really know how it feels to lose our land and I think if it ever did happen to us we'd obviously fight back.

christophmac wrote:Germany lose land under the Treaty of Versailles
And then most of Eastern Europe - and some of Western Europe - was occupied 30yrs later under the pretense of lebensraum, partly (or so some historians have said) in response to Versailles. Not arguing against you btw, just adding onto it more.

Israel crossed into Gaza and Gaza responded through self-defense from occupation, to the best of my knowledge, these are the circumstances. If this is the case, and Israel is attempting to expand their territorial claim through the use of force, without having been provoked, then Israel not only encouraged retaliation by Palestine, but Israel is also to blame for the escalation of violence.

It's time to stop defending Israel, particularly those in the United States. It is almost entirely a defense through a religious lens instead of a pragmatic one.

"I've been studying Israeli army martial arts. I now know 16 ways to kick a Palestinian woman in the back. People think that the Middle East is very complex but I have an analogy that sums it up quite well. If you imagine that Palestine is a big cake, well … that cake...
is being punched to pieces by a very angry Jew."
Sorry if this has offended anyone, I just needed to put this joke in.

The whole thing has been a flashpoint since the 1920s (well 1917 IIRC). Both sides are guilty parties, which seems very simplistic but it's true.

Highland_3 wrote:The whole thing has been a flashpoint since the 1920s (well 1917 IIRC). Both sides are guilty parties, which seems very simplistic but it's true.
No, it's not simplistic, you are absolutely right. However, in this particular case it appears as though Israel ignited the firestorm.

BlairCo wrote:"I've been studying Israeli army martial arts. I now know 16 ways to kick a Palestinian woman in the back. People think that the Middle East is very complex but I have an analogy that sums it up quite well. If you imagine that Palestine is a big cake, well … that cake...
Thankyou for your contribution, Arthur.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:"I've been studying Israeli army martial arts. I now know 16 ways to kick a Palestinian woman in the back. People think that the Middle East is very complex but I have an analogy that sums it up quite well. If you imagine that Palestine is a big cake, well … that cake...
Thankyou for your contribution, Arthur.
Specificity...

Israel won the land..they have the rights to it..and they have the right to defend it...if mexico was shooting rockets at us would you complain if we responded?.

Stansfield wrote:Israel won the land..they have the rights to it..and they have the right to defend it...if mexico was shooting rockets at us would you complain if we responded?.
It's not that simple, both sides have made a lot of stupid decisions. Israel is not always the good guy here.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.