9/11 Memorial Thread

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
Dodd wrote:I still don't understand how or why wtc 7 fell.

regardless, RIP to all. Terrible day.

:blank:

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
:blank:
?

9/11. The day that should be remembered as a horrible tragedy for civilized humanity that is instead (on the internet at least) reduced to an annual return of senseless conspiracy theories, aggressive bickering, and debate over dissenting political views.

I can't believe it has been 12 years already, I still remember watching everything happen that day live on tv and thinking about why something like this would even happen. Prayers to all the families and people that have lost someone in this tragedy.

Was five years old, lost my innocence fairly early because of it. Can't say any other day will be as historically important in my lifetime other than when the scumbag bin Laden was killed.

FreakLikeMe wrote:Was five years old, lost my innocence fairly early because of it. Can't say any other day will be as historically important in my lifetime other than when the scumbag bin Laden was killed.
*historically important to the U.S.

-Vader

FreakLikeMe wrote:Was five years old, lost my innocence fairly early because of it. Can't say any other day will be as historically important in my lifetime other than when the scumbag bin Laden was killed.
Same thing for me, after witnessing something like that when I was that age changed my view of the world.

LiberNovus wrote:Never stop asking questions.

Eerie.
What a tenacious freethinker you are. The 9/11 truther movement's bravery will surely be written about it in the history books.

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Seriously, would it have really mattered if OBL was killed or never seen again?

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but his actions and words still had an enormous impact on the U.S. and the world. His capture/death doesn't exactly erase any of that. I still have some trouble figuring out exactly what was accomplished or concluded after his death.

Cilogy wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Seriously, would it have really mattered if OBL was killed or never seen again?

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate here, but his actions and words still had an enormous impact on the U.S. and the world. His capture/death doesn't exactly erase any of that. I still have some trouble figuring out exactly what was accomplished or concluded after his death.
Some closure for the victims, or even the entire nation.