Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
AsianVersionOfET wrote: That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Then why the hell does he give a fuck about our 2nd Amendment? :wtf:
Because he thinks that if guns are banned, it will be the right decision and will save lives. I don't see what's so baffling about him trying to state his opinion...?

Bacon wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote: That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Then why the hell does he give a fuck about our 2nd Amendment? :wtf:
Because he thinks that if guns are banned, it will be the right decision and will save lives. I don't see what's so baffling about him trying to state his opinion...?
For some reason some Americans get offended when foreigners weigh in on our laws. It's a natural extension of the exceptionalism complex. It hits an ironic peak when we play that card with legal immigrants, as Jim Jeffries also astutely points out in his gun control bit.

Okay cool I got it. Well at least I'm not on a movie forum dedicated to a director spewing what I think is wrong with France's laws.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Bacon wrote:
AsianVersionOfET wrote: Also @FrenchToastwhatevathefuck, where are you from?
Lol he's French.
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Then why the hell does he give a fuck about our 2nd Amendment? :wtf:
Because studying American politics and history is part of what I do daily, or at least used to do. I'm aware that it's a strong part of the American set of mind, but I think this amendment is obsolete since it was only valid at the time it was made, which was centuries ago.

Even without that I still have a right to state my opinion on that. I wouldn't mind if you did the same with the laws of my country, because I don't see what's wrong with a foreigner debating about that.