Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
bobafett wrote:
While Holmes sits in jail, Christian Bale, who plays the hero, Batman, in "The Dark Knight Rises," and his wife made a surprise visit to Aurora, Colo., Tuesday, laying flowers at the makeshift memorial outside the theater. Bale then spent two and a half hours at Medical Center of Aurora meeting seven of the wounded, doctors and first responders.
"It was very, very emotional for them to see him in person, and they all very much enjoyed his visit," said Bill Voloch, the interim president of the facility. "He was amazing. He was kind. He was a true gentleman."
Bale specifically asked the hospital not to alert the media, but it leaked pretty quickly on Twitter when patients started posting pictures online.
Bale released a statement this weekend, saying, "Words cannot express the horror that I feel. I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them."
Bold emphasis mine. Kudos to him - I hope the media picks up on this with the same veracity that it did his outburst a few years back.

Also - does anyone else think this guy is acting out? Using the plastic bags covering his hands as sock puppets, the hair dye and crazy eyes - he seems to be responding rationally to people when commanded (no death in gunfire, responds to holding officers, etc etc) - curious if anyone has seen any reputed psychiatrists' comments on his behaviour so far?
First off- This is awesome of Bale. It's also nice to know that at least some of the people you watch on screen are good off of it as well.

Second- About the dipshit. I read an article yesterday where authorities are saying that he's either faking it or he's not. That's right. They really narrowed it down.

We know Bale is a Oscar winning actor, but in this image you can see the humanity in his eyes. RESPECT BALE!

Joseph Dazz wrote:Image

We know Bale is a Oscar winning actor, but in this image you can see the humanity in his eyes. RESPECT BALE!
Sometimes I hate this world... and because of people like Bale, I tend to regain my trust.

banepants wrote:
bobafett wrote:
Bold emphasis mine. Kudos to him - I hope the media picks up on this with the same veracity that it did his outburst a few years back.

Also - does anyone else think this guy is acting out? Using the plastic bags covering his hands as sock puppets, the hair dye and crazy eyes - he seems to be responding rationally to people when commanded (no death in gunfire, responds to holding officers, etc etc) - curious if anyone has seen any reputed psychiatrists' comments on his behaviour so far?
First off- This is awesome of Bale. It's also nice to know that at least some of the people you watch on screen are good off of it as well.

Second- About the dipshit. I read an article yesterday where authorities are saying that he's either faking it or he's not. That's right. They really narrowed it down.

Wait so this guy is trying to act like The Ventriloquist, claiming to be the Joker and who knows what other villains he will bring up? If that's the case, he's going to point the finger at them so that it will help his insanity claim. He needs to point the finger at himself and take responsibility for his own actions. I hope they don't give him the death penalty, I hope they study this guy until he dies from natural causes 20 to 40 years down the road. We need to educate people on what to look out for so these types of acts can be prevented in the future.

Wow. Had this package been delivered, tragedy could've been avoided.
The man accused of killing a dozen people at a midnight screening of the 'The Dark Knight Rises' sent a journal detailing the rampage to a University of Colorado psychiatrist prior to the attack, only for it to go untouched in a campus mailroom, according to a Fox News report.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... ir=College

The simplistic nature of the report and its conclusions are typical of the source. Personally, I can wait a few weeks for more accurate and thorough reporting from legitimate journalists and investigators.

bale is one the finest guys ever, glad i was able to met him couple years ago...fine guy...

Allstar wrote:Image
To paraquote:
A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting an arm around a young man's shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

SilverHeart wrote:
Allstar wrote:Image
To paraquote:
A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting an arm around a young man's shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Bale is a truely nice person :)
Brave New World