Shooting At Colorado TDKR Screening

A place for more serious off-topic discussion and debates.
'Dark Knight Rises' Paris Premiere Cancelled Due to Colorado Shootings

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ere-352435
Christopher Nolan and cast members Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway and Morgan Freeman also scrapped press interviews after learning of the Denver movie theater attack.

Plans for The Dark Knight Rises have fallen through in France with Warner Bros. cancelling the film’s red carpet premiere in Paris on Friday night in addition to media interviews with director Christopher Nolan and cast members.
WB Statement
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/warner- ... screening/
“Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident. We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time.”

They made the right call.

I do not know what to say. I'm shocked :shock:

Something similar happened in Brazil during the showing of Fight Club.
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Suspect has been identified.
Police say they have a suspect in custody, identified as James Holmes, 24, who witnesses say was armed with a rifle and handguns, and who wore what appeared to be a bullet-proof vest and gas mask.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Christ, this is terrible. It must have been a total cluster fuck in there if they couldn't distinguish whether the gunfire was from the film or not. Such a tragedy.

apw
So sad.

I never really thought about how unsafe cinemas are before. They don't do security checks and the screenings room are so enclosed. I'm surprised something like this has never happened before.

I read the guy entered through the fire exit so I guess if people want to do harm then they will find a way of doing it.

Im not trying to sound disrespectful to anyone affected by this tradegy, but its curious to see how this movie is also shrouded around horrible circumstances - i.e. The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger) and TDKR (This recent shooting).

Anyways, thats just me being curious - but my prayers go out to everyone affected by this mass-shooting. Its sad to read such horrible news after watching this movie. Im glad they canceled the Paris premiere for this.

A crazy man with guns. The injured and the dead must be remembered, helped, and mourned.

But if you hear any political bloviator today--left, right, center--use "The Dark Knight Rises" as an example of our nation's "violent culture," tell 'em:
1) It's PG-13.
2) Batman doesn't use guns.
3) The bad guys have more guns than the cops.
4) The film is anti-terrorism/anti-anarchy.
4) He/she is a bloviating idiot.

preposterous, how can this happen, sick bastards.

This is deeply upsetting, my heart goes out to those that passed and their families.

-Vader