Hannibal (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
Allstar wrote:So will NBC be able to secure the rights to Clarice Starling and if they can't what is the plan?
Probably create an original character that's similar to Clarice.
I see...are they still able to use The Silence of the Lambs story if they want to though?

Allstar wrote:
BlairCo wrote:
Allstar wrote:So will NBC be able to secure the rights to Clarice Starling and if they can't what is the plan?
Probably create an original character that's similar to Clarice.
I see...are they still able to use The Silence of the Lambs story if they want to though?
Yeah, that's what Fuller is probably most worried about. He wants to cover all of Harris's material, but he's worried that he won't be able to get that chance. We're definitely getting Red Dragon and Hannibal storyline though.

MGM also has intentions of starting a TV Show centered around Clarice, but that's been in production longer than Hannibal has I believe.

BlairCo wrote:Yeah, that's what Fuller is probably most worried about. He wants to cover all of Harris's material, but he's worried that he won't be able to get that chance. We're definitely getting Red Dragon and Hannibal storyline though.
I hope it all works out. Apparently Fuller revealed Ellen Page is his top choice for Clarice Starling.
Elle ‏@alicemorg4n
@BryanFuller did ever think in some actress to do Clarice? If the rigths on the character be released?

Bryan Fuller ‏@BryanFuller Mar 22
@alicemorg4n I think Ellen Page would be amazing.
As a fan of of the character/Page and thinking she shares a similar sensibility to a young Foster I'd love to see it come to fruition.

Nahhhh.... I reckon someone like Rose Leslie or Julie NcViven would be better. Ellen is a bit too youthful looking.

The character is supposed to be youthful looking and they've been aging down most of the characters from the movies anyway. Fuller confirmed this himself, don't see why you're doubting it...

Allstar wrote:The character is supposed to be youthful looking and they've been aging down most of the characters from the movies anyway. Fuller confirmed this himself don't see why you're doubting it...
Hmmm.... I guess yeah. Just not Ellen. But in saying that, I'd probably warm to the idea. Do you watch the show, Allstar?

BlairCo wrote:Do you watch the show, Allstar?
I watched the pilot and really enjoyed it. That being said I forgot to record the next couple eps and got behind, so I put it off.

I recently just re-watched Silence of the Lambs and plan to do the same with Hannibal and Red Dragon. Then I will binge watch season 1 and 2 in time for season 3. Even after 1 ep I can tell Mad's is amazing and the reviews/reaction for season 2 have been incredible. I hope the ratings pick up so they keep renewing and are able to finish the story.

Coming here after talking to m4 about Hannibal... in Constantine thread. #justnolanfansthings.

I binged through two seasons and can't wait for third. That is all.

Pratham wrote:Coming here after talking to m4 about Hannibal... in Constantine thread. #justnolanfansthings.

Ah, appropriate thread, gotcha!

Will do the same quite soon...

m4st4 wrote:
Pratham wrote:Coming here after talking to m4 about Hannibal... in Constantine thread. #justnolanfansthings.

Ah, appropriate thread, gotcha!

Will do the same quite soon...
Do it. It's a fantastic show, Mikkelsen is amazing. And yeah can't wait for season 3 either.