Hannibal (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Now Where Was I ? wrote:I finished the first half of S3 and I must say I'm really disappointed so far. The show has always been philosophical and abstract, but it definitely jumped the shark. Fuller & co. seemed to not care about the actual plot, making Will an incredibly passive figure in that stretch of episodes. There was 3, maybeee 4 episodes of story in that arc. Chiyoh was by far the worst character of the show.

My favorite segment was the first half of S2, second half started to become a bit too abstract for me, but it was still incredibly compelling. Should I even bother with the Red Dragon episodes? Is it like the first half ?

There's still great moments here and there and the acting from the main cast is still exquisite. I just want some interesting stuff to continue.
Yeah S3 was a disappointment for me as well and the second half is not a whole lot better either but it's definitely worth a watch, for Armitage and of course Mikkelsen if nothing else. And great moments as you mentioned are there from time to time. My biggest problem was with how they completely ruined Alana's character. She was consistently among the best parts of the show in the first two seasons.£

I dug the Italy Arc in the first half of Season 3, but yeah Chiyo was a confusing and kinda disappointing character. Red Dragon arc was pretty badass though. Really loved the hell out of Armitage's twisted ass performance, and yeah my boy Mads as always killed it. The primavera scene (see: my avy) is probably my favorite scene if just for his and Hugh Dancy's performances. Dead fuckin ass.

also virgo whats your beef with new alana

I like Dark Alana.

The bromance was real.
Figured they would jump of the cliff together when they hugged.
Digestivo would be fav episode of season 3. Disgustingly beautiful.
Pratham wrote:
November 30th, 2015, 11:06 am
I like Dark Alana.
Me too.

That bump though. Got me thinking.

Maaayne, for a second there... goddammit.£

^ feel slightly disappointed now :lol: :(

First Penny Dreadful, then Hannibal, and then American Gods.

Why can't we get a gothic/horror show without it getting mutilated (pun unintended)?

Pratham wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 9:54 am
First Penny Dreadful, then Hannibal, and then American Gods.

Why can't we get a gothic/horror show without it getting mutilated (pun unintended)?
Even that Dracula show with Jonathan Rhys Meyers had potential.