Hannibal (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Not going to watch that trailer since we only have three episodes left in the current arc anyways.

Jeez, this week's episode was the best yet. It only makes the cancellation hurt more.

And with Bryan Fuller saying that Netflix is unlikely to pick it up because of the streaming deal with Amazon... I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic.

I read somewhere He'd be open to make a movie with this cast, so there's always that option

That's definitely the option I'm least interested in.

Batfan175 wrote:Everyone is saying "Netflix" or "Amazon" but it doesn't matter. Fuller has other projects he agreed to in the meantime so unless people are OK with someone else at the helm of this show it's not going to be the same kind of show anyway. Deadwood got cancelled after 3 seasons and it's one of the best shows ever made despite the fact that there is no real ending either. I'd rather have a brilliant unfinished story than have the story be completed but in a way that is likely to disappoint people's expectations with regards to this show.
I don't agree.

First off Fuller only has one real project in the pipeline right now and that's "American God's". There's this idea he wants to do another "Star Trek", which would be very pleasurable, but that isn't a go.

Second: Fuller said he would keep reign of Hannibal. Part of the deal Delaurentis and Fuller are working out entails that the provider be comfortable with Fueller sharing show-running status with Hannibal and American Gods. He will be busy but he's a talented man.

Third: At this point it's clear that their team is solid. Episodes that Fuller doesn't write are of the same quality of the ones he does. Steve Lightfoot probably has as much insight on the show as Bryan does and I doubt a dramatic change of quality would happen. Since day one they've been emulating David Slade's pilot and they've been doing a pretty good job.

Also "Deadwood" was many years ago and a different beast all together. As someone who is close with a lot of the people involved with "Deadwood" I can tell you it's cancellation wasn't as much as a blow as "Hannibal's" is.

This is more comparable with "Breaking Bad" imagine if that had been cancelled in the third season. Much like Gillian Fuller knows where this is going. Whether that satisfies people or not is basically irrelevant. He's not doing it on the fly, there is a set story in mind.

Fuck, there was an auction that we actually could've participated in, but now it's over.

Apparently Marilyn Manson bought a bunch of shit from it, too.

Doesn't really matter that much since, as I've said elsewhere, A) Gaumont was never going to hold the cast hostage given that a fourth season is not a sure thing, and B) if there IS a fourth season, all the cast's contracts would probably have to be renegotiated anyways.

I don't know why people keep saying bullshit like "OMG Bryan Fuller has American Gods now though" and citing this contract shit as some kind of divine proof that the show won't get picked up.

It's certainly a possibility that it won't happen, but not for these reasons. Bryan has already said that, if the show got renewed, he'd be fine showrunning Hannibal as well and staggering his schedule with American Gods, plus Mads and Hugh (and the rest of the cast) have said they'd love to reprise their roles for a fourth season.

Either way, it's going to be a while until we get news about a pick-up, and it'll certainly be a good amount of time before we'd get a hypothetical fourth season (meaning it'd probably be coming in late 2017 at the earliest).

In other words, everyone needs to chill the fuck out and be patient.

Its happening