Jane Got a Gun (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:Why didn't they just shut this down when they had the chance?
Do you think Portman will recover from this all time disaster?

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
She's been out of the game for a while

Allstar wrote:
I don't see why not. She recovered from Star Wars.

I'm just messing with you of course, lol.

She's got Alex Garland's Ex Machina follow up lined up. Hard to find a more exciting project than that.

Well it's a genre that has been very hard to sell during the recent years. Django and True Grit are the only ones that could avoid such a fate due to award season buzz. The one with Smith, the one with Craig and Ford, the one with Depp, the one with Pitt, the one with Bale and Crowe, the one with Theron, McFarlane and Neeson, all flopped. Even The Hateful Eight has done rather poorly. Hell, Rango and Spirit were animated and they still flopped. Let's not even start on the likes of Appaloosa, The Missing and Jonah Hex. I doubt even Washington and Pratt combined could make one a box office success. At this rate studios insistence in trying to make money out of this genre is becoming more and more absurd.£

Don't consider The Revenant a Western?

Also at the end of the day I think The Hateful Eight is doing okay. It's more than doubled its production budget already.

Allstar wrote:Don't consider The Revenant a Western?

Also at the end of the day I think The Hateful Eight is doing okay. It's more than doubled its production budget already.
Yeah, but Tarantino had two major mainstream hits, H8 is him going back to his core fanbase.

But this didn't have Pitt or Leo, so it's been doing allright I guess

Allstar wrote:I'm just messing with you of course, lol.

She's got Alex Garland's Ex Machina follow up lined up. Hard to find a more exciting project than that.
Annihilation is looking really promising.

Allstar wrote:Don't consider The Revenant a Western?

Well, it hasn't done much better than Chappie or Jack Ryan and considering the fact that it lost more than half of its theaters and dropped 51% to less than a million dollar this week, it's safe to say that it won't make much more than what it had already grossed so far.

The Revenant, we have yet to see. I'd say it will finish with 330-360 mil worldwide which would make it a modest success in the same vein as Fury Road, but I doubt it does much better than that based on the pattern, unless it gets a boost from winning the BP comes the Oscar night.

Also to correct my previous post, Costner's Open Range was also relatively successful but only due to its very small budget.£

The Revenant's been in theaters for 38 days now. Academy Awards are in 27 days. Whatever boost comes from that, it's getting it right now.