Steve Jobs (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I haven't read the script but yeah, I was baffled by the Birdman comparisons.

Birdman is a metafiction black comedy high art satire. I'm pretty sure this movie isn't. Way pumped though, curious to see people divided on whether Sorkin or Boyle help or hurt the movie most, with plenty of people in both categories.

-Vader

Sorkin just has a vocal minority of haters and Boyle can be pretty divisive too. I am a big fan of both so I am not worried. I think it will click on all cylinders for me.

hopin fassy loses so i can say he was jobbed

I completely understand the Birdman comparisons. From what I hear, there are a lot of tracking shots, and as we've known from the beginning, it's set backstage at the launches of three Apple products. The comparison is the feeling of witnessing the behind the scenes of the launch, and most of the action happens backstage. Other than that, narratively, it bares no resemblance to Birdman.

I just hope the best for Fass, can't care less about the rest. Boyle is hit and miss and Sorkin has never really been my thing.£

But hardly any of this would matter without a dynamic actor at the center of things nailing the part of Jobs, and while Fassbender doesn’t closely physically resemble the man, he fully delivers the essentials of how we have come to perceive the man: Along with intellectual brilliance and force of personality, the actor also taps into the man’s frequently unreachability, power to inspire, unswerving faith in his own instincts, attention to the smallest detail, utter lack of sentimentality and the certitude that can come from occupying a different, loftier realm. Most of all, you get the strong sense from Fassbender of a mind that is always several steps beyond everyone else’s, one that allows him to shift gears without taking a breath.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/ ... ce=twitter

Allstar wrote:Image
Lol you really like serving your crows, maybe open a restaurant?

To doubt such casting decision after so many high profile contenders is perfectly normal and to cheer inside after a great movie even more so. I'm happy for the twitterverse but what I'd like more is to see it for myself and decide.

m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:Image
Lol you really like serving your crows, maybe open a restaurant?

To doubt such casting decision after so many high profile contenders is perfectly normal and to cheer inside after a great movie even more so. I'm happy for the twitterverse but what I'd like more is to see it for myself and decide.
So it tastes good?

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:So it tastes good?

Although, it was not my meal, I never doubted Fassy...
m4st4 wrote:It's director's and scriptwriter's job to sell him, it's actor's job to seal the deal.