Steve Jobs (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
If only they can bring back Fincher...

Looks like Bale is in talks now
No Leo, no problem.

Less than two weeks after Leonardo DiCaprio broke off talks with Sony to play Steve Jobs, the studio has set its sights back on Christian Bale.

Sources say Sony is beginning negotiations with The Fighter actor, who was originally eyed to play the late Apple Computer co-founder back when David Fincher was in talks to direct. The move comes after Bale's negotiations with Fox to star in The Deep Blue Goodbye hit a roadblock. Sources say Fox was trying to include sequel options for Bale to tackle the lead role of Detective Travis McGee in what is hoped to be a franchise starter, but the actor balked. Now, talks are ongoing with Bale without sequel options, but even if a deal is reached, the actor would shoot the Jobs project before Deep Blue Goodbye.

Danny Boyle is directing the untitled Jobs film, which is based on Walter Isaacson's book and adapted by Aaron Sorkin and is one of the most anticipated biopics in recent years. Sony optioned the best-seller in 2011, around the time of Jobs' death.

Fincher had been in talks to direct, but as The Hollywood Reporter revealed in April, he left the project over compensation and control issues.

After DiCaprio bowed out, Bale emerged as a front-runner to take on the iconic tech figure, along with Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Bradley Cooper.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... ce=twitter

I think that Bale is the perfect choice, better than Di Caprio so these developments make me really happy. But I still wish Fincher was directing. Boyle is great though.

So Boyle is definitely the man directing this? After Fincher left, I thought that Bennett Miller might have been a decent fit.

Awesome news!

"He has more words to say in this movie than most people have in three movies combined," Sorkin told Bloomberg. "There isn’t a scene or a frame that he’s not in. So it’s an extremely difficult part and he is gonna crush it."
Curious/excited about this.

oracle86 wrote:Awesome news!

oracle86 wrote:Awesome news!
Yeah really not a Boyle fan, but a Sorkin script with Bale playing Jobs is a winner

Fincher :( Great news though. I wonder what Ashton Kutcher feels about all this, although I really don't care.