Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michaelf2225 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 9:33 am
Pioneerr wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 9:29 am
No CGI in the trailer except the F-14.
no cgi we can pick out as being cgi*
There's an ass-load of obvious CGI in the trailer. The CGI is handled well, but it's absolutely there and noticeable. The shot where the jet banks up and two perfectly symmetrical sand plumes shoot up; the shot directly after where the jet flies upwards towards the camera; the rotating, aerial shot of the aircraft carrier and the following shot of the two jets on the elevator-platform; the close-up of the jet exhaust; the inverted jet flying down the mountainside; the plumes during which the jets repeatedly "break the sound barrier".

Can't wait for the featurette to show off what they did for real

Geoffrey wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 3:38 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 9:33 am
Pioneerr wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 9:29 am
No CGI in the trailer except the F-14.
no cgi we can pick out as being cgi*
There's an ass-load of obvious CGI in the trailer. The CGI is handled well, but it's absolutely there and noticeable. The shot where the jet banks up and two perfectly symmetrical sand plumes shoot up; the shot directly after where the jet flies upwards towards the camera; the rotating, aerial shot of the aircraft carrier and the following shot of the two jets on the elevator-platform; the close-up of the jet exhaust; the inverted jet flying down the mountainside; the plumes during which the jets repeatedly "break the sound barrier".
So here we are, we reached the point where people can't tell if it's practical or CG. Nice.

Oku
Good trailer.

With how heavily it touched on the theme of aging, I was waiting for them to address the topic of drones and how they've replaced fighter pilots and made them obsolete, but it didn't happen.

Maybe in the movie itself?

New trailer coming tomorrow

I like it. Cruise's own Mustang as well.

I'll probably skip the second trailer since the first one sold me so hard on this movie. I'm already IN so no need to watch more trailers.

Ace

Holy spectacle Cruise! Looks incredible. :clap: