Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There is very less buzz for this movie.

blackColumn wrote:
March 29th, 2022, 10:57 am
There is very less buzz for this movie.
You didn’t check twitter today huh. A lot of hype. It looks really good.

The legacy sequel is such a fascinating beast; always has great potential, and some really great examples (BR 2049, Matrix: Resurrections; Fury Road; Creed...etc). I like the original Top Gun, but mostly for the Tony Scott excesses; don't know if I can take a sequel very seriously if it treats the original like some holy text. I don't know what happened to Miles Teller, or maybe it's a problem with me, but every time I see him in a movie I lose interest.

Ace

WOW!

I watched it yesterday here in Brazil. I loved every minute! Best blockbuster of 2022 so far! Pure nostalgia with all due respect to the characters.
PS: Val Kilmer's cameo is very emotional!
Last edited by LeoCobb on May 28th, 2022, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uno
Watched this yesterday and I absolutely LOVED this movie, from start to finish! It had everything I wanted in a Top Gun sequel. Didn't have too much hope for this film when it was announced, so my expectations weren't that high, but oh boy.. This movie has far exceeded my expectations. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole movie and had the biggest smile on my face. Definitely going again sometime! :D
10/10!!

It's a giant advertisement for cool.

And then the third act happens and even cynical jerks like me have to simply sit back admire the thrill of it all.

The best summer action flick in a while.

I’ve already seen it three times! 8-)

One of the best blockbusters I think I've ever seen.

Unbelievably thrilling on the big screen.

I guess I'll throw my two cents in and agree with everyone else that this is one of the best blockbusters to come out in years, and absolutely one of the best sequels I've ever seen. I was never a huge fan of the original Top Gun, but this one surpasses it in just about every way imaginable.

Also, watching this in IMAX is a pretty incredible cinematic experience.