Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Top Science: Tology

m4st4 wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 2:06 pm
Man, finally seeing Only The Brave (2017) spiked this one up on my most anticipated 2019 list! Anyone seen it? I did not expect to be so emotional about it but it’s a great movie.

Edit: So glad to hear about Glen! Excellent news, deserves a breakthrough. :clap:
Yeah they really make you feel it

It wrecked me.

I’m glad to see almost entire production team of that movie, including the writer, in this.

Monica Barbaro is on board to join Tom Cruise and Miles Teller in Paramount-Skydance’s “Top Gun: Maverick.”

Barbaro was one of several actresses that tested with Teller last week before the studio finally made the decision over the weekend.

“Oblivion” helmer Joe Kosinski is directing the film, a sequel to the 1986 original “Top Gun.” Jerry Bruckheimer, who produced the first film with the late Don Simpson, will produce with Cruise and Skydance CEO David Ellison.

This latest project will be set in a world of drone technology and will explore the end of the era of dogfighting, with Cruise portraying a flight instructor. In late May, Cruise posted a photo of himself in front of what appeared to be a Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet.

Barbaro is said to be a pilot who is also Teller’s love interest in the pic.

edit:

Filming aboard Norfolk-based Aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln.

So glad Harris is working so much, he's still so good.

edit: so this is what Kilmer looks like now

Kilmer for Bond villain.

The problem is not how he looks but his voice, I’m sure they’ll find him an adequate role though.🕷️