Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
RIFA wrote:Whedon is a dumbass.

He goes from almost the most silly and pathetic villain in the Marvel universe to one of the most dangerous villains. How does that make any sense?

He could have easily used much better villains for the second Avengers movie and use
Thanos
for the 3rd.... What he gon do now? Use
Galactus
for the 3rd?

It doesn't make sense... Not to mention that THE AVENGERS can't beat
Thanos
without the help of
Odin
AT LEAST. And even then it's questionable lmao.
Lol @ doubting Whedon.
Lol @ not addressing any of the serious issues I have with this movie. And it's not even just me... it's also a lot of marvel fans.

Oh and... since when Whedon is such a colossal director that you can't doubt him? WTF? :facepalm:

RIFA wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: Lol @ doubting Whedon.
Lol @ not addressing any of the serious issues I have with this movie. And it's not even just me... it's also a lot of marvel fans.

Oh and... since when Whedon is such a colossal director that you can't doubt him? WTF? :facepalm:
I think you hate Whedon and this movie to much. If you don't like it. Don't post on this thread.
I'm not trying to be mean.

RIFA wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: Lol @ doubting Whedon.

Whedon is like the ultimate comic book fan. I see no reason why he won't make Thanos work. Why is it so absurd for Thanos to be the villain in the sequel?

xWhereAmI? wrote:
RIFA wrote: Lol @ not addressing any of the serious issues I have with this movie. And it's not even just me... it's also a lot of marvel fans.

I think you hate Whedon and this movie to much. If you don't like it. Don't post on this thread.
Read my review for Avengers before commenting and read about the issues I have with this movie... :facepalm:

Try and be productive and don't ask silly questions or make silly statements.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Whedon is like the ultimate comic book fan. I see no reason why he won't make Thanos work. Why is it so absurd for Thanos to be the villain in the sequel?
Because 1 on 1 with the Avengers is a stupid thing to make. He can only make him like a commander. Getting his army to fight for him which would be a weak design of a villain because you won't care about him and Avengers will just fight a bunch of noobs. Not to mention it will be repetitive since in Avengers they also fought a bunch of noobs and not the main villain which was too weak anyway.... It's just a dumb concept that can't work in movies...

RIFA wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Whedon is a great writer, you can tell how passionate he is about his projects. However, the idea of him directing sort of disappoints. My hope is that, if he's directing, he's able to improve upon his mistakes from the first film and make it really represent the writing well.
How is he a "great" writer?

And how does
Thanos
fit into this? No matter how good of a writer you are... this is beyond silly. I already see mature Marvel fans who say that this is getting ridiculous... because it's stupid.
I honestly know nothing about that character or the other characters you listed before, so I can't comment on that.

Maybe "great" writer is a little too strong, but his writing is definitely his strength. Unfortunately he believes that he can direct just as well, which he hasn't really proven, especially with The Avengers. I mean if you think about the characters themselves and the story progression, the execution of the film doesn't seem to do that writing much justice.

I just hope he realizes these flaws for Avengers 2.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

RIFA wrote: Lol @ not addressing any of the serious issues I have with this movie. And it's not even just me... it's also a lot of marvel fans.
Ok, I'll address them.
RIFA wrote:
He goes from almost the most silly and pathetic villain in the Marvel universe to one of the most dangerous villains. How does that make any sense?
It's not Batman. The villains are not the main thing here. In Avengers he should be (like other Marvel villains) a Macguffin character. It's all about the heroes and their relationships with each other.

RIFA wrote:He could have easily used much better villains for the second Avengers movie and use
Thanos
for the 3rd.... What he gon do now? Use
Galactus
for the 3rd?

It doesn't make sense... Not to mention that THE AVENGERS can't beat
Thanos
without the help of
Odin
AT LEAST. And even then it's questionable lmao.

Now that's just a pedantic complaint. Whedon (and co) are gonna figure out how to do it.

RIFA wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:
Read my review for Avengers before commenting and read about the issues I have with this movie... :facepalm:

Try and be productive and don't ask silly questions or make silly statements.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Whedon is like the ultimate comic book fan. I see no reason why he won't make Thanos work. Why is it so absurd for Thanos to be the villain in the sequel?
Because 1 on 1 with the Avengers is a stupid thing to make. He can only make him like a commander. Getting his army to fight for him which would be a weak design of a villain because you won't care about him and Avengers will just fight a bunch of noobs. Not to mention it will be repetitive since in Avengers they also fought a bunch of noobs and not the main villain which was too weak anyway.... It's just a dumb concept that can't work in movies...
Okay, sorry for being mis-informed about your review. Can I have the link to it then so I can be "productive"

The only way this could work is if Avengers 2 has another villain which will fight the Avengers while Thanos will get his Infinity Gauntlet... then Thanos could be left for the 3rd movie as the main villain... But then they would need Odin so much in this because The Avengers alone are powerless against Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet.

RIFA wrote:The only way this could work is if Avengers 2 has another villain which will fight the Avengers while Thanos will get his Infinity Gauntlet... then Thanos could be left for the 3rd movie as the main villain... But then they would need Odin so much in this because The Avengers alone are powerless against Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet.
I was also thinking alike. Why jump straight to Thanos? Can't you do someone else instead because like you said Odin needs to play a big role and people won't like it as much because he wasn't in the first and it is not the heroes defeating Thanos, its mostly Odin himself.

RIFA I read your review and now I feel stupid. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Good review BTW. I agreed with most of it.