Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thanos
as a villain doesn't really make much sense in Avengers 2 unless he's just like a commander sending his army to fight the Avengers because he's so powerful it's silly lol...

Whedon comments on
Thanos.
"He for me is the most powerful and fascinating Marvel villain. He’s the great grand daddy of the badasses and he’s in love with death and I just think that’s so cute. For me, the greatest Avengers was THE AVENGERS annual that Jim Starlin did followed by THE THING 2 in 1 that contained the death of Adam Warlock. Those were some of the most important texts and I think underrated milestones in Marvel history and Thanos is all over that, so somebody had to be in control and had to be behind Loki’s work and I was like “It’s got to be Thanos.” And they said “Okay” and I’m like “Oh my God!”"

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Whedon comments on
Thanos.
"He for me is the most powerful and fascinating Marvel villain. He’s the great grand daddy of the badasses and he’s in love with death and I just think that’s so cute. For me, the greatest Avengers was THE AVENGERS annual that Jim Starlin did followed by THE THING 2 in 1 that contained the death of Adam Warlock. Those were some of the most important texts and I think underrated milestones in Marvel history and Thanos is all over that, so somebody had to be in control and had to be behind Loki’s work and I was like “It’s got to be Thanos.” And they said “Okay” and I’m like “Oh my God!”"
Sounds like a kid in a candy store. lol I love his enthusiasm and passion for Marvel, more specifically The Avengers! :thumbup:

jcvargas09 wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Whedon comments on
Thanos.
Sounds like a kid in a candy store. lol I love his enthusiasm and passion for Marvel, more specifically The Avengers! :thumbup:
+1

Whedon is the man!!!

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
jcvargas09 wrote:
+1

Whedon is the man!!!

+2

I could see his face when he said "Oh my God!" :tooexcited:

Whedon is a dumbass.

He goes from almost the most silly and pathetic villain in the Marvel universe to one of the most dangerous villains. How does that make any sense?

He could have easily used much better villains for the second Avengers movie and use
Thanos
for the 3rd.... What he gon do now? Use
Galactus
for the 3rd?

It doesn't make sense... Not to mention that THE AVENGERS can't beat
Thanos
without the help of
Odin
AT LEAST. And even then it's questionable lmao.

Whedon is a great writer, you can tell how passionate he is about his projects. However, the idea of him directing sort of disappoints. My hope is that, if he's directing, he's able to improve upon his mistakes from the first film and make it really represent the writing well.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:Whedon is a great writer, you can tell how passionate he is about his projects. However, the idea of him directing sort of disappoints. My hope is that, if he's directing, he's able to improve upon his mistakes from the first film and make it really represent the writing well.
How is he a "great" writer?

And how does
Thanos
fit into this? No matter how good of a writer you are... this is beyond silly. I already see mature Marvel fans who say that this is getting ridiculous... because it's stupid.

RIFA wrote:Whedon is a dumbass.
Here we go.

I'm pretty sure the slow descent into hatred for Avengers started because of gratutious comparisons to The Dark Knight Rises and TDK. They were completely different, and TDK lovers got offended and caused backlash on The Avengers.

RIFA wrote:Whedon is a dumbass.

He goes from almost the most silly and pathetic villain in the Marvel universe to one of the most dangerous villains. How does that make any sense?

He could have easily used much better villains for the second Avengers movie and use
Thanos
for the 3rd.... What he gon do now? Use
Galactus
for the 3rd?

It doesn't make sense... Not to mention that THE AVENGERS can't beat
Thanos
without the help of
Odin
AT LEAST. And even then it's questionable lmao.
Lol @ doubting Whedon.