True Detective (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Real-life buddies Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson are joining the HBO team for a new cop drama called True Detective. THR reports that HBO has given the green light for an eight-episode order after the fledgling series was shopped around to different networks earlier this month.

Written by Nic Pizzolatto (The Killing), the first season of True Detective will center on a pair of detectives, Martin Hart (Harrelson) and Rust Cohle (McConaughey), who end up crossing paths on a 17- year hunt for a serial killer deep within Louisiana. The series will feature a split narrative jumping between when the case first opens back in 1995, and the present when the two detectives are testifying in court after the case is reopened. Following an anthology vein similar to FX’s cult-thriller American Horror Story, subsequent seasons of the series may feature a new cast and different storylines.

Cary Fukunaga (Jane Eyre) is attached to direct all eight installments of the series, with management company Anonymous Content linked to produce. The company’s Richard Brown, Steve Golin and Brad Dorros will also executive produce along with writer Pizzolatto – and as part of the pickup deal for True Detective, HBO also signed a development deal with Pizzolatto for other undisclosed projects. No official word yet on when production will begin or when True Detective will premiere.

I'm interested.

Sounds like a show I would love. I'm also interested.

Woody Harrelson? Sold.

What really intrigues me is the anthology format. So every year, we will get a new case with a fantastic new cast, based on a real life story. :twothumbsup:

Shame I really hated The Killing. And I actually sat through all episodes.

lalyil wrote:Shame I really hated The Killing. And I actually sat through all episodes.
Did you watch the original Danish series or the US adaptation? The Danish version is far superior, IMHO.

oracle86 wrote:
lalyil wrote:Shame I really hated The Killing. And I actually sat through all episodes.
Did you watch the original Danish series or the US adaptation? The Danish version is far superior, IMHO.
I know...

The American version, and mentioned it here cos of the writer.

lalyil wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
I know...

Just checked him out on IMDb - he wrote only two episodes of The Killing - so maybe we can give him the benefit of the doubt. Fingers crossed.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4446305/

oracle86 wrote:
lalyil wrote:
I know...

Just checked him out on IMDb - he wrote only two episodes of The Killing - so maybe we can give him the benefit of the doubt. Fingers crossed.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4446305/
So there's hope yet :thumbup: :)