True Detective (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:You need to get on to it, foxy.
No he needs to get in it

But yeah Rust and Marty are kinda dicks but I still like them kind of

Really enjoyed the finale. Such a great show, everything about it was very well done. The acting in particular, Mcconaughey and Harrelson where fantastic throughout.
I wasn't disappointed with the answers we got. Errol was really good. He looked fucking scary, the thought of his face being the last thing i ever see is terrifying. I guessed he was the spaghetti monster a few weeks ago since we see him being questioned by rust for about 90 seconds and then being forgotten until the last 2 episodes, but i didn't expect him to be that damn scary and overall i thought he was a very believable villain. The whole Carcosa scene was just so intense and i wasn't at all disappointed with the final confrontation.
The final scene was great, it really ended the show on a high note for me. I'm gonna miss these characters and this setting but i am really looking forward to the future with this show, there's a lot of talent behind it all and so many possibilities of where it can go.

oracle86 wrote:
oracle86 wrote:Australian cinematographer Adam Arkapaw talks about shooting True Detective:

http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Publicat ... _Drama.htm
For those of you who didn't read this, here's the summary:

This was shot on 35 mm film. :clap:
I think it's great that it was shot on 35mm. I would've preferred that Game of Thrones was also shot on 35mm but alas…

lmao wat

oracle86 wrote:BTW, here's an interview with Cary Fukunaga - http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/true-det ... rview.html
"....Yeah, they weren’t cut because of story weight so much as time. My original cut of episode five was more than 90 minutes, so there’s a lot of material you lose."
wuuuuuuuut

Can we get a director's cut of all the episodes? Pretty Please?

Was forced to poop to the True Detective theme song. I think I'm officially a fan.

Forum Pro
Law
Rust Cohle goes to a job interview
Hello Rustin, (that's an unusual name...). I'd like to ask you a few questions: for starters, why do you want to work with us?"

"Well, my life's been a circle of violence and degradation long as I can remember. I'm ready to tie it off."

"Really? What do you think of this company?"

"I see a propensity for obesity. Poverty. A yen for fairy tales. Folks puttin' what few bucks they do have into a little wicker basket being passed around. I think it's safe to say nobody here's gonna be splitting the atom"

"Mmhh... I don't know if you really fit our profile. Are you interested in working on a commision basis?"

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shit."

"Ok then... is there something else we should know about you before we make our decision?"

"On Thursdays I start drinking at noon. You don't get to interrupt that."

"...thank you. You'll be hearing from us."

"I quit."

"What? We haven't hired you yet!"

"I'll send you a letter. Yeah, fuck this."