True Detective (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:Brit Marling and Rebecca Hall

Marling would nail it as an unstable detective.
Please no Rebecca Hall, I can't stand her.
Marling is an interesting choice, I'd like that.

Besides, I'd love it if two females had the major roles in season 2.

Funny, I'm quite the reverse.

I think Rebecca Hall is lovely while I find Brit Marling a bit boring. Both could be suitable though.

But yes, a two female lead show would be fantastic.

That is funny indeed, besides I should mention, the only role I can respect Hall in is in Nolan's The Prestige but in absolutely nothing else. Can't stand her face either, dat jaw.

I wonder how much the whole show will change in season 2. It's still True Detective and a whole new story and cast but damn, have they got some huge shoes to fill. Wonder what's an equal strong enough story narrative/structure… I fear we might get American Horror Story problems were it's just too much to create something entirely new for the next year (season 3 sucked hard).

Nomis1700 wrote:That is funny indeed, besides I should mention, the only role I can respect Hall in is in Nolan's The Prestige but in absolutely nothing else. Can't stand her face either, dat jaw.

I wonder how much the whole show will change in season 2. It's still True Detective and a whole new story and cast but damn, have they got some huge shoes to fill. Wonder what's an equal strong enough story narrative/structure… I fear we might get American Horror Story problems were it's just too much to create something entirely new for the next year (season 3 sucked hard).
I wouldn't compare TD to AHS, the Asylum season was better than the first (though I agree, the 3rd one sucked lol), so yeah. But I have hard time thinking about the second season of this show, this one is sooo good, it will indeed be very hard for them to top the first season, especially with a different cast and director.

Damn, McC is just one of a kind here. Woody is too. Only two episodes left, will miss these characters.

Well if the second season won't live up to expectations… We still got this incredible one :D And I say that and it's not even done yet!a High hopes for a great ending 8-)

Forum Pro
Law
Me thinks a female character we've met in passing is going to be the ring leader

from those 2 pics posted, that same picture in the hospital...i mean, are you guys saying that the cult is spread throughout every institution and perhaps the daughter drew that picture when she was younger? Meaning she's a part of the cult, or possibly even linked to Maggie's father? Or are you saying something else?

Forum Pro
Law
Marty's daughter standing up dolls around each other in a circle with two on the ground and Rust doing the same thing with beer cans ain't no coinkydink

Nothing is extraneous on this show.