Ant-Man (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I liked the movie. After all that happened, Marvel still managed to make a entertaining movie.
Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas are great; Michael Peña is so funny.

Unfortunately the villain is weak and predictable.

7/10 for me.

The post-credit scene :twothumbsup:

This was a lot of fun. Loved the Michael Pena monologues and the ant stuff was cool.

Screw it, I really enjoyed this movie. Certainly more than Age of Ultron. While I still feel that the film would have been far better with Edgar Wright at the helm, it still really works. Aside from the villain, it was really solid. The action was refreshing in its use of the shrinking powers and ant-sized perspective, aided by great sound work and visuals (there's a certain sound effect that made me a little giddy to hear, I must admit). I wouldn't say it's as good as the Captain America films, but it's definitely on the above average side of Marvel films. And hey, the kid actor isn't annoying, but actually one of the standouts of the film.
And I am certain that was a Spider-Man reference during the ending.

More Peña please.

SilverHeart wrote:Image
0/10 film if it didn't use that line.

Can someone explain what happened to the Bucky's arm in that scene? He was saying "Help me" or not?

Monicabbm wrote:
Can someone explain what happened to the Bucky's arm in that scene? He was saying "Help me" or not?
Sam trapped him with an old school vending machine ... Bucky loves Snickers.

It looked like his arm was trapped in a metal press or something. I don't believe he said anything.

eGregiovs wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:
Sam trapped him with an old school vending machine ... Bucky loves Snickers.

It looked like his arm was trapped in a metal press or something. I don't believe he said anything.
thanks !

SilverHeart wrote:Image
if they actually used that prop in the film ant-man gets a 1up in my books