Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah...they're aliens! So stoked just kidding. The 7 year old in me is pissed off, the 26 year old in me knows that with this big bothersome dent on the film, it won't be taken too seriously. Of course, you can't take TMNT too seriously...but if you were hoping for a somewhat badass, enjoyable revisiting of their true origin...think not. They're aliens...so turtles exist in space too?

Sigh.

Chee please for the sanity of humanity... destroy it!
Last edited by Z. Cobb on April 13th, 2012, 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uh, there also not gonna be teenagers anymore either. Guess these are gonna be Middle Aged Alien Ninja Turtles.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Every time I think of this movie, I have the sudden urge to look at a TMNT forum and look at the moment this news came out to see the hillarity. I did the same with Avatar when it didn't win Best Picture.

SilverHeart wrote:Every time I think of this movie, I have the sudden urge to look at a TMNT forum and look at the moment this news came out to see the hillarity. I did the same with Avatar when it didn't win Best Picture.
Avatard's killed themselves just so they could go to Pandora.

you guys don't understand how important it is for the turtles to be mutants. You don't understand man.

Normally I don't mind directors taking creative freedom with material so long as they stick to the source. But this is just stupid.

Yes, alien turtle vs mutant turtles. It is ridiculous no matter how you look at it.

But the fact is they are the "TEENAGE MUTANT" Ninja Turtles and not the "Ninja Turtles." These are not the characters originally created and this is not the story originally conceived. It's something else entirely and that's what annoys me.

I'm so sick of egotistical film makers doing what they want. Stick to the source material people. It actually makes your job a lot easier. If they didn't want to make a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film then they shouldn't be making one at all. You don't make a Batman film and decide that it's "BIRD-MAN" or even "MAN-BAT."

They do now have freedom to do what they want though. Now that it is something entirely different I have no expectations of it.