Theatrical plays and musicals - official thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I just bought tickets for my sister and myself for the London West End production of Hamilton... which sounds crazy even for me. I've seen what a phenomenon this has become on Broadway, and how it was impossible to get tickets there, and I knew they brought the play to London around one or two years ago, so I checked... and I'm not saying it was super cheap, but it wasn't very expensive either, so it's really a surprise that I could grab two tickets for an October show at a relative reasonable price.

Also, I'm seeing Hamilton! I only listened to two songs so far and I don't know the rest, but I'm already hyped. I don't want to "over-hype" it for myself, so I'll try not to listen to other songs before I go see it. But I'm really looking forward to it, apparently the London production has nothing to be ashamed of compared to the original Broadway production, singers and cast are just as amazing, so... yeah, looking forward to it.

Saw To Kill a Mockingbird Saturday and it was wonderful!

There were a lot of comedic beats in it. Sorkin had a lot of fun with the kids' dialogue. Jeff Daniels was amazing as Atticus and the actor who played Tom Robinson was a powerhouse.

It was an all around great experience.

Available till 7/8 May.

Frankenstein with Benedict Cumberbatch as the creature

Frankenstein with Jonny Lee Miller as the creature

Antony & Cleopatra with Ralph Fiennes and Sophie Okonedo

Available until 7pm UK time on Thursday 14 May 2020.

All of these theater at homes initiatives have been wonderfull so far.

Filmed version of the original Hamilton production brought forward from October 2021 to...Jul 3 on Disney+.

I have never seen the musical, nor have I heard any of the music (And even if I've heard snippets, I can't remember any of them). I'm actually really excited for this.

BlairCo wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 10:44 am
I have never seen the musical, nor have I heard any of the music (And even if I've heard snippets, I can't remember any of them). I'm actually really excited for this.
Same.

I was hoping to see a live production since I just moved to the San Francisco Bay Area, but that's not happening for a long time.

Excited for this!

Excited for Hamilton, finally! :clap:

Young Vic’s A Streetcar Named Desire w/ Gillian Anderson

Watch the Young Vic’s hit production of Tennessee Williams’ timeless masterpiece, A Streetcar Named Desire, with Gillian Anderson, Vanessa Kirby and Ben Foster.

Available until 7pm UK time on Thursday 28 May 2020.