HBO's Girls

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:yeah

i should probably stop being such a cynical ass about everything
Never stop being yourself, even if it's a cynical ass. At least you're not one of those characters. ;)
Then again he'll be one of those other characters.

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:

Never stop being yourself, even if it's a cynical ass. At least you're not one of those characters. ;)
Yes RIFA, I can confirm that you are better than me.

My most sincere congratulations.

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:

I don't watch Girls, but he showed how much he despised them so I'm guessing it's not the case.

Cilogy wrote:
In a weird way, the show sort of captures something about my generation. What's funny is that I think I know people who are like this, and I despise all of them. I can't relate to any of these kinds of people in real life because they seem to be just wandering from day to day and basing nearly every decision on their feelings at any given time. They're immature, selfish, entitled, completely clueless, and have almost no solid ambitions in life, but this show manages to encapsulate that really well. It's troubling, yet entertaining at the same time.
"I thought that this would be a good opportunity to have fun together and prove to everyone via Instagram that we can still have fun as a group."

:lol:

New ep was funny but Lena getting naked every scene is becoming a bit much. Why doesn't she write some scenes where Allison Williams or Zosia Mamet get naked. ;)

That would be a welcome change. :lol: ;)

just marathoned the 10 available eps of season 3. this show is so fucking well written it's stupid. yes everyone has gaping character flaws (which at times reach a frustrating point), but you can't really knock the show for it's subject matter since their neurotic or selfish or delusional nature is portrayed in such an honest way. The show also delves into a lot of themes relevant to my age bracket, namely uncertainty about the future & the different paths you can take through life and their repercussions, so obviously that aspect appeals to me. but mostly it's just friggin funny

STAHP SLEEPIN ON THIS SHIT PEOPLE

I prefer AMC's Boys

Is this like kinda a more 'grounded and gritty' sort of Frances Ha deal? Flawed young women (of today's world) dealing with life and the uncertainty of the future?

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:just marathoned the 10 available eps of season 3. this show is so fucking well written it's stupid. yes everyone has gaping character flaws (which at times reach a frustrating point), but you can't really knock the show for it's subject matter since their neurotic or selfish or delusional nature is portrayed in such an honest way. The show also delves into a lot of themes relevant to my age bracket, namely uncertainty about the future & the different paths you can take through life and their repercussions, so obviously that aspect appeals to me. but mostly it's just friggin funny

STAHP SLEEPIN ON THIS SHIT PEOPLE
What did you think of the Hampton episode. :lol:

Was that the season finale on Sunday? It was neat, though it ended in a way that felt like there should be at least one more episode.
jibran wrote:Is this like kinda a more 'grounded and gritty' sort of Frances Ha deal? Flawed young women (of today's world) dealing with life and the uncertainty of the future?
Yeah, I guess that would be a good way of characterizing it.