HBO's Girls

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I liek girlz

Me likey girls' with big ol' bootys.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

The trailer is so-so but after seeing Tiny Furniture I have a lot of hope for this show. And with Judd Apatow's seal of approval I could see this being a cult hit.

baneWAYNE wrote:The trailer is so-so but after seeing Tiny Furniture I have a lot of hope for this show. And with Judd Apatow's seal of approval I could see this being a cult hit.
I love your avy.

Allstar wrote:
baneWAYNE wrote:The trailer is so-so but after seeing Tiny Furniture I have a lot of hope for this show. And with Judd Apatow's seal of approval I could see this being a cult hit.
I love your avy.
Haha thanks! The CIA guy was just too awesome, every line was delivered so passionately!

baneWAYNE wrote:
Allstar wrote: I love your avy.
Haha thanks! The CIA guy was just too awesome, every line was delivered so passionately!
Welcome back Mason! :clap:

Hannah, Marnie, Jessa and Shoshanna are trying to figure life out. They’ve been living in New York for a couple of years, but they’re still not sure what they want – from boys, from each other, from themselves. And things aren’t getting any clearer.

Created by and starring Lena Dunham (“Tiny Furniture”), the new HBO series GIRLS takes a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their early 20s. Dunham, Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner executive produce the show, which kicks off its ten-episode season SUNDAY, APRIL 15, exclusively on HBO. Bruce Eric Kaplan and Ilene S. Landress co-executive produce.

In addition to Dunham, the cast of GIRLS includes Jemima Kirke (“Tiny Furniture”), Allison Williams (“American Dreams”), Zosia Mamet (“Mad Men”) and Adam Driver (“Angels in America” on Broadway, HBO’s “You Don’t Know Jack”). Recurring guest stars include Chris Abbott (“Martha Marcy May Marlene”) and Alex Karpovsky (“Tiny Furniture”).

Guest stars on GIRLS include Becky Ann Baker and Peter Scolari as Hannah’s parents, as well as Mike Birbiglia, Kathryn Hahn, Michael Imperioli, James LeGros, Richard Masur, Bobby Moynihan, Chris O’Dowd, Lou Taylor Pucci, Andrew Rannells, Jenny Slate and Jorma Taccone.

Lena Dunham directed five of the ten episodes of GIRLS. Other directors on the show include Jody Lee Lipes (cinematographer on “Martha Marcy May Marlene” and “Tiny Furniture”), Jesse Peretz (“Our Idiot Brother”) and Richard Shepard (“The Matador,” Emmy® winner for “Ugly Betty”).

In addition to Dunham, who wrote or co-wrote every episode of the show, writers on GIRLS include Judd Apatow (“Knocked Up”), Bruce Eric Kaplan (HBO’s “Six Feet Under”) and Jenni Konner (“Help Me Help You,” “In the Motherhood,” “Undeclared”).

HBO’s new series Girls has been called everything from the next Sex and the City to the voice of a generation. The premiere event took place at SVA Theatre and guests like Kevin Bacon, Keira Sedgwick, Claire Danes, Katie Couric, Brian Williams, Judd Apatow, Steve Buscemi, Tony Danza, Calvin Klein, and many other stars were shining bright the other night. Reporters were on the scene to capture the magic. Here’s a video report from the Associated Press.