Anchorman 2 (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
PowerDump wrote:Wow, actually surprised this is at a 90% with 21 reviews, seeing as the first one wasn't a huge hit with the critics (at a 66%) this might be a really good sequel if you loved the first.

Now I'm looking forward to it more, didn't care for a lot of the previews for this one but then again I didn't care for a lot of the previews with the first one.
I can't wait!

Allstar is eating a salty plate of crow as we speak.

An acquaintance of mine was at the premiere and said it was even funnier than the first film. I doubt that, but it certainly sounds promising from the responses so far.

darthnazgul wrote:An acquaintance of mine was at the premiere and said it was even funnier than the first film. I doubt that, but it certainly sounds promising from the responses so far.
What matters now is that it looks like it won't be absolute garbage and ruin the first.

Seeing this weekend. Can't wait, first one was so good.

Forum Pro
Law
idgaf about the ratings or reviews, nothing I've seen from this has made me even crack a smile

This movie sucks so bad. Everything I hate about sequels, tries to be bigger in every way. Takes a stupid detour for blind jokes, that has no positive impact on the plot. Uses the same jokes, but tries to make them better which fails hard. The biggest problem is unlike the first, Ferrell is perhaps the weakest of the crew. Most of all it made me sick at the people in my theater who laughed at any attempt of a joke... :| I will never fit in with that crowd. haha probably the same people who fell asleep in Wolf last night. :lol:

Durden wrote:This movie sucks so bad. Everything I hate about sequels, tries to be bigger in every way. Takes a stupid detour for blind jokes, that has no positive impact on the plot. Uses the same jokes, but tries to make them better which fails hard. The biggest problem is unlike the first, Ferrell is perhaps the weakest of the crew. Most of all it made me sick at the people in my theater who laughed at any attempt of a joke... :| I will never fit in with that crowd. haha probably the same people who fell asleep in Wolf last night. :lol:
I have to question this when you talk about the plot. Some of the best comedies don't have a plot, Office Space, Anchorman, Dumb and Dumber. I didn't know people went to see Anchorman for the groundbreaking panda plot.

Thought it was pretty funny. Not necessarily a good film, but when McKay and co. cut loose it's a blast.

It was good. I enjoyed
the various celebrity cameos.