The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
User avatar
Posts: 26068
Joined: June 2011
Ivan wrote:
What? Cinna dies??
I thought they only beat him up, I didn't know he died in that scene....

Well, so now I know I won't be seen him in the sequels.
Yes he dies.

User avatar
Posts: 11326
Joined: December 2011
Bacon wrote:
Ivan wrote:
What? Cinna dies??
I thought they only beat him up, I didn't know he died in that scene....

Well, so now I know I won't be seen him in the sequels.
Yes he dies.
Cuz he's black

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55393
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
11072014 wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Ivan wrote:
What? Cinna dies??
I thought they only beat him up, I didn't know he died in that scene....

Well, so now I know I won't be seen him in the sequels.
Yes he dies.
Cuz he's black
Was that necessary?

User avatar
Posts: 11326
Joined: December 2011
m4st4 wrote:
11072014 wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Yes he dies.
Cuz he's black
Was that necessary?
No. Not really.

User avatar
Posts: 10452
Joined: January 2011
Location: Waiting for a train
Something that I forgot was mentioned in the book, but so glad that we actually got to see:
Image
Also currently listening to the soundtrack which is on iTunes. Really good stuff yo.

User avatar
Posts: 2862
Joined: January 2013
Location: Hogwarts
Seen it again today, what a fucking great movie. It's pretty unreal at times how gorgeous the movie looks, the IMAX scenes have a noticeable bump in definition, even in 2K, so sharp and beautiful.

User avatar
Posts: 13377
Joined: August 2011
Jax_Teller wrote:Seen it again today, what a fucking great movie. It's pretty unreal at times how gorgeous the movie looks, the IMAX scenes have a noticeable bump in definition, even in 2K, so sharp and beautiful.
I'm not saying this movie's bad, because I haven't seen it yet, but it's like you love every movie.

Posts: 8215
Joined: August 2012
RyanRises wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:Seen it again today, what a fucking great movie. It's pretty unreal at times how gorgeous the movie looks, the IMAX scenes have a noticeable bump in definition, even in 2K, so sharp and beautiful.
I'm not saying this movie's bad, because I haven't seen it yet, but it's like you love every movie.
And you're like the first person to mention this, lol

User avatar
Posts: 315
Joined: November 2013
Location: Back of a van
Just saw it yesterday and loved it, though I'll need a second viewing for better perspective. I think what I love most about it is its visual and tonal distinction from the (also great) first one -- CF is a colder film. This shift is made easier by the blends inherent in the story. On the other hand, it doesn't feel like too big a step from THG, and there are some nice tie-ins, like the musical cues and the brief scene between Katniss and Gale before the Reaping.
Highlights:
-JLaw (surprise)
-Winter opening
-Katniss' PTSD moments
-Haymitch's line about the Games not having any winners
-The pre-Games deaths, and the unceremonious end to the Reaping
-The puzzle of the arena
-The whole ending sequence, starting with the arena collapse

Posts: 4705
Joined: May 2013
Gosh, I hope I can see this in 20 minutes...

Post Reply