Are you a Rolling Stone or a Beatle? POLL

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

The Rolling Stones or the Beatles- who do you think is better?

The Rolling Stones
24%
The Beatles
76%

Total votes: 21

Smashing Pumpkins
Why you lurking my page brah?

Vader182 wrote:As for the Stones, their music is straight rock n' roll, which is often deliberately superficial and "fun"
Incorrect, friend.

Mason wrote:
Vader182 wrote:As for the Stones, their music is straight rock n' roll, which is often deliberately superficial and "fun"
Incorrect, friend.
Did you read my whole post on them?

-Vader

Foo Fighters

Vader182 wrote:
Mason wrote: Incorrect, friend.
Did you read my whole post on them?

-Vader
I did indeed, but it kind of knows that original statement. You said firstly that they were "straight rock n' roll", then said that they changed their music (not taken directly from your comment, but I'm assuming that's what was meant by your statement). Anyway, they aren't just straight rock n' roll, the majority of their music is heavily influenced by fifties and sixties blues and soul music, especially during their reign in the late sixties and the seventies, as well as shaping their nineties work a lot, whilst maintaining their trademark of "straight rock n' roll". They often liked to combine different variations of music, actually.

Yeah, but at the time, that's a lot of what rock n roll essentially was thought to be, you know? The straight guitar/bass/drum/vocal setup wasn't typical at the time really, which is what's important.

-Vader

The Stone Roses

I read it.

Any thoughts?

-Vader

I don't understand why you said I'd only read it if I was "feeling generous". :lol: