American Hustle (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Rohan wrote:10 nominations. 0 Wins. That should tell us all how overrated the movie was. Sorry. Just wanted to get that out of my chest.
Though I agree it was overrated, the Academy isn't an authority on anything other than their own awards.

10 oscar noms no wins = overrated. The countless other movies that have 0 noms must be god-awful then

Rohan wrote:10 nominations. 0 Wins. That should tell us all how overrated the movie was. Sorry. Just wanted to get that out of my chest.
Thoughts on The Color Purple?

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Thoughts on The Color Purple?
Beautiful little film.

The Turning Point (11 nom, 0 wins), The Color Purple (11 nom, 0 Wins), True Grit (10 nom, 0 wins)... Are overrated too?

I can't believe the way some of you guys think. Natalie, all those titles you mentioned, are 100 times better than American Hustle. Russell's film lacked not just in style, but in tone and theme as well. There was a old saying... back in the days... way way back... that the crow tried to learn how to walk with style like quail. When the crow tried and tried and tried... crow failed. There is a reason now we see crow hop. The crow didn't only fail to learn how to walk like quail, but like crow as well.

Rohan wrote:I can't believe the way some of you guys think. Natalie, all those titles you mentioned, are 100 times better than American Hustle. Russell's film lacked not just in style, but in tone and theme as well. There was a old saying... back in the days... way way back... that the crow tried to learn how to walk with style like quail. When the crow tried and tried and tried... crow failed. There is a reason now we see crow hop. The crow didn't only fail to learn how to walk like quail, but like crow as well.
omg

Cilogy wrote:
Rohan wrote:I can't believe the way some of you guys think. Natalie, all those titles you mentioned, are 100 times better than American Hustle. Russell's film lacked not just in style, but in tone and theme as well. There was a old saying... back in the days... way way back... that the crow tried to learn how to walk with style like quail. When the crow tried and tried and tried... crow failed. There is a reason now we see crow hop. The crow didn't only fail to learn how to walk like quail, but like crow as well.
omg
I love your avy, man.

:think:

BUT I BEEN DONE SEEN BOUT EVERYTHIN'
WHEN I SEE AN ELEPHANT FLYYYYYY